Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Name that game!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:48 am

This should be fun, post a screenshot of a game in action and see if people can guess it!

I'll go first, I'll start with something easy:

Name that game! Rastan_level1
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:50 am

Rygar arcade!

Name that game! Image
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Good guess! but not quite, have another look. It also was a very popular game in the arcades at the time.

Hmmm, I don't recognize your game straight away, looks interesting. I'll have to think about it.
Metal Combat SNES? I've never played the game, but I've seen it before.

Name that game! 1248522097-1
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:18 am

you guessed correct! The real question is...which adventure island is that? And for which console? There were so darn many of them!
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 1:21 am

Hahaha very true, adventure island 2 for nes, nice one. Had another look at the first game? I'm sure you know it.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am

glenn101 wrote:
This should be fun, post a screenshot of a game in action and see if people can guess it!

I'll go first, I'll start with something easy:

Name that game! Rastan_level1

RASTAN!!!!!

loved that game
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 12:05 pm

In my defense I don't know rastan have never played it and have read the game title maybe once or twice in passing. doh

Sheesh I can't believe you figured out metal combat you needed a super scope to play that game and playing with a mouse that has a crosshair just isn't the same. Okay next up.

Name that game! 1607_1
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Nice one Conker! A great game indeed, love the music!

Fair enough Drakon, it is a great game I recommend playing it. Yeah I can't believe it either, just popped in my head, I've never played it at all, I wouldn't dare play it with a mouse and crosshair.

Ah I haven't played that game in a while, MERCS arcade!

Name that game! Screenshot8
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:46 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Nice one Conker! A great game indeed, love the music!

Fair enough Drakon, it is a great game I recommend playing it. Yeah I can't believe it either, just popped in my head, I've never played it at all, I wouldn't dare play it with a mouse and crosshair.

Ah I haven't played that game in a while, MERCS arcade!

Name that game! Screenshot8

Oh I know this one is irem....x-multiply? I'm one of the few people who bought the super scope when it was brand new so I'm one of the few people who discovered how awesome metal combat is! The 2 player mode is so fun and single player is great fun too. One of my earliest mods was the super scope ac adapter mod so I no longer have to keep buying batteries to play that game (and other super scope games which mostly suck)
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:41 am

Yes! X-multiply! Irem greatness, it has that dark atmosphere awesome playability which I love in Irem shooters.
Yeah I really should get metal combat, looks like great fun.

Name that game! 2982_1
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:06 am

No clue what this one is.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

It's a game by Toaplan. It's for the arcade and the genesis. One of their more popular games. The arcade version is shown.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:30 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Yes! X-multiply! Irem greatness, it has that dark atmosphere awesome playability which I love in Irem shooters.
Yeah I really should get metal combat, looks like great fun.

Name that game! 2982_1

TRUXTON!!!

love it!

give me something hard tongue Wink

but i played sega megadrive version.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Haha, good man Conker. It's good to know that some of the younger generation knows and enjoys amazing games.

Feel free to join in and post games yourself Conker.
Name that game! Rushing_beat_ran_02

Last edited by glenn101 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Yeah conker is impressing me with his knowledge of classic games.

I don't know this one either. We didn't exactly have a variety in our arcade scene here in the 80s / 90s, it was usually wall to wall street fighter machines haha.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Yeah I thought that might be the case lol. This one isn't for arcade, it's for the SNES. We had loads of street figher 2's lined up as well, but we also had other games too.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:45 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Yeah I thought that might be the case lol. This one isn't for arcade, it's for the SNES. We had loads of street figher 2's lined up as well, but we also had other games too.

Well I don't know this game...but I mean I'm old enough to remember the late 80s / early 90s and everywhere was just littered with fighting games. There were so many great arcade games that were other genres that we just...never got. And that made me sad because there's so many other types of great arcade games out there.

Also beat'em'up type action games weren't popular around here. All the kids were playing mario, zelda, sonic, street fighter, and mortal kombat. I played all of the above but I also went out of the norm and ventured into super metroid, and pretty much the entire collection of classic snes rpgs that square released. I'n only now just catching up on all these other genres that just didn't gain momentum here.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 9:49 pm

That is unfortunate about the littering of fighting games. There are so many other brilliant games from other genres in that time period too, especially the late 80's early 90's. I wonder if Conker will know this one, but to be fair I think this game is less known. You got any other games to post Drakon?

We really got into the beat em' ups over here. Turtles, Vendetta, Final Fight, heck some arcade places still operate Turtles and Vendetta.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:11 pm

glenn101 wrote:
That is unfortunate about the littering of fighting games. There are so many other brilliant games from other genres in that time period too, especially the late 80's early 90's. I wonder if Conker will know this one, but to be fair I think this game is less known. You got any other games to post Drakon?

We really got into the beat em' ups over here. Turtles, Vendetta, Final Fight, heck some arcade places still operate Turtles and Vendetta.

Sorry I've been busy with commissions plus my own mods. Will get around to posting one eventually.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Sure, no worries.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 10:45 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Sure, no worries.

But you can have the satisfaction of me trying to guess yours!
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:15 pm

Alright then!
Ah I can't believe it, my friend who owns afterburner has the largest collection of video games in the world. He was in the newspaper over here today, there's also a video here:

http://video.heraldsun.com.au/2244866310/Worlds-biggest-video-game-fan?area=videohighlights2

I'll never own as many games as he does, but the difference between us is that I only buy games I'll actually play, not just own for the sake of collecting.
Name that game! Hqdefault
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Haha, good man Conker. It's good to know that some of the younger generation knows and enjoys amazing games.

Feel free to join in and post games yourself Conker.
Name that game! Rushing_beat_ran_02

Holy crap havent played that one FOREVER... its tuff but im gonna guess..

Rushing Beat? confused
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:29 pm

glenn101 wrote:

i know a lot mainly because i hit up arcades ALL THE TIME. ive gone to different arcades all over the country!

respect the classics man tongue
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Respect man. It is Rushing Beat indeed.
Arcade games are fantastic, it's good to know some people still play those games, they really are timeless classics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Name that game! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! Empty

Back to top Go down

Name that game!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next