Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Name that game!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Conker

Conker

Name that game! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 pm

here's a really fun one!
Name that game! - Page 2 Retro-city-rampage-20101220110719955-000

EDIT: to help you out its relatively new. but its not well known. also its not arcade. its home console (wiiware and xbox360) but you download them from in console store

Last edited by Conker on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Ah yes I know that one! Retro City Rampage, I remember hearing about that, it's like an 8 bit GTA. I've never actually played it myself, but it does look fun.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:41 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Ah yes I know that one! Retro City Rampage, I remember hearing about that, it's like an 8 bit GTA. I've never actually played it myself, but it does look fun.
oh man your good! i like this game. mainly cus i found a download version on pc tongue hahahaha i win. anyway thanks for all the creds guys. im having quite a lot of fun doing this!
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 pm

No worries man, you've earnt the respect. Yeah I knew this would be fun, when me and a friend of mine call each other we test each other out on our games knowledge by playing game music to each other and seeing if we can guess the game. So this is a variant of that, it's better to use pictures here. Any idea about the other game I posted? It's another classic.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Haha the way australians pronounce "neo geo" is just....funny. Everything else he says sounds fine but the way he says "neo geo" makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Lol, everyone I know says it the same way over here.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:15 am

glenn101 wrote:
Lol, everyone I know says it the same way over here.

The way canadians and american say it we call it the "knee-oh gee-oh". Even though I'm canadian I sound more american than canadian, but I have the canadian mindset haha. I'm sure we have just as many silly sounding words as you guys. Also I think australians sound cooler than brits. And new zealanders I'm not sure what to think about them..

I'm so busy I didn't even have time to finish watching his video I've got commission hardware that showed up, new personal hardware showed up to add to my collection of toys. I've got people asking me hardware questions, people wanting to chat, and I just want to spend time with my gf. The only reason I'm able to post now is because she needed to use the bathroom!

Last edited by Drakon on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:18 am

Like this? Lol.

Yeah I'm not too fond of New Zealand accents lol.

Ok I'm sorry. I guess I'm just procrastinating because I'm currently in my exam period. I'll get back to my work.

Last edited by glenn101 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:20 am

Yeah that's how we say it. Now that I think of it australians probably say neo geo closer to how japanese people pronounce it. Something tells me this guy is a compilation of all the users from the jamma+ forum haha. They're hardcore but they don't get out of the house enough.

Last edited by Drakon on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:21 am

glenn101 wrote:
No worries man, you've earnt the respect. Yeah I knew this would be fun, when me and a friend of mine call each other we test each other out on our games knowledge by playing game music to each other and seeing if we can guess the game. So this is a variant of that, it's better to use pictures here. Any idea about the other game I posted? It's another classic.

I've never personally played this game but I've heard of it and wanted to play it.

Commando. from gameplay I've seen it looks fun!
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:22 am

I really love how australians say "arcade" and "power". Sounds way cooler than how we say it. Also is it just me or does your super rich friend not have that many imports? All the stuff I'm seeing in this video is games that were popular everywhere.

*edit* the way he says "saturn" sounds funny to me too hehe.

Sheesh....I guess he doesn't believe in flash carts.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:27 am

He collects lots of imports, most of his megadrive collection are from Japan. He also has 3 or so copies of radiant silvergun, has 2 or so copies of Ikaruga for the dreamcast to name a few.

Yeah your correct Conker, it was commando.

Name that game! - Page 2 1181242121134
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 am

green beret
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:46 am

glenn101 wrote:
He collects lots of imports, most of his megadrive collection are from Japan. He also has 3 or so copies of radiant silvergun, has 2 or so copies of Ikaruga for the dreamcast to name a few.

Still everyone here knows radiant silvergun. I wonder if he's into obscure imports that most people havn't heard of but are great games.

I don't know that game but here's one for you guys:

Name that game! - Page 2 1041_1

This game I'm posting is TERRIBLE which is why I'm not so sure if conker will figure it out haha...glenn probably will.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 am

Drakon wrote:
glenn101 wrote:

Still everyone here knows radiant silvergun. I wonder if he's into obscure imports that most people havn't heard of but are great games.

I don't know that game but here's one for you guys:

Name that game! - Page 2 1041_1

This game I'm posting is TERRIBLE which is why I'm not so sure if conker will figure it out haha...glenn probably will.

hehe. this game sucked but yeah ive played it. Gunforce- Battle Fire Engulfed Terror Island
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:25 am

Yup. God what a horrible game.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:30 am

i just didnt like the plot. there was NO POINT TO IT. literally hardly a story at all. hated it
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Conker wrote:
i just didnt like the plot. there was NO POINT TO IT. literally hardly a story at all. hated it

I don't care about the story it's just the game itself is hardly any fun at all.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Ah man, how do you know Green Beret Conker, that's a game from the mid 80's!

Well I disagree with Gunforce, it is actually one of my favourite games. Don't care about the story, especially in an arcade game where it's all about the gameplay. I love blowing the crap out of helicopters with the bazz the explosions are awesome, the ridiculous vehicles, it's great fun in my opinion. He does like obscure games, there was one extremely rare one for the saturn he really likes, I think it might be the rarest game, some awesome jap platformer game using a 2D plane with 3D backgrounds. Yes I remember it now, it is: Shinrei Jusatsushi Taroumaru
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:33 pm

glenn101 wrote:

heh i get around Surprised anything else or am i gonna have to give you guys one?
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Alright then, if you get either of these ones I will be very amazed:

Name that game! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnItj_6v8hdz4MdFnf94isz_BV-sGlYEKH8eco2hp5IHfXYtUQkA

Name that game! - Page 2 2061_1
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 pm

glenn101 wrote:

Well I disagree with Gunforce, it is actually one of my favourite games. Don't care about the story, especially in an arcade game where it's all about the gameplay. I love blowing the crap out of helicopters with the bazz the explosions are awesome, the ridiculous vehicles, it's great fun in my opinion. He does like obscure games, there was one extremely rare one for the saturn he really likes, I think it might be the rarest game, some awesome jap platformer game using a 2D plane with 3D backgrounds. Yes I remember it now, it is: Shinrei Jusatsushi Taroumaru

I mean good obscure....not tetris on the genesis. Owning a rare thing just because it's rare don't impress me much (shania twain moment!). I need the game to actually be fun!

*edit*

once again..no idea!
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:48 pm

Of course, owning an obscure game for the sake of saying "I HAVE IT" even though it's rubbish is both pointless and moronic (Nintendo World Championships anyone?). I didn't like how he mentioned that Tetris, he mentioned it for the sake of saying "I have a rare game, I'm awesome!". Shinrei Jusatsushi Taroumaru is obscure and awesome.

I knew you wouldn't know these games, they are not well known at all, both are awesome games though. I've used these to test Conker haha.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:54 am

Not only did he mention it. He called it the "jewel" of his genesis / megadrive collection. I see a wall to wall complete collection and as soon as he said "jewel" I was like "oh sweet here comes something badass" and then he pulls out f#cking....tetris....

I'd rather play and own monster world 4 than some copy of tetris that I could sell for a house.

And I love awesome japanese games that never got released outside of japan (or barely got released)....like ketsui!
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:15 am

Hell yeah, Japanese games for the win!

*Edit* I know what you meant. Of course I didn't assume you meant to neglect other games, that's foolish. I agree, I find Japanese games to be the most timeless too. There is something special about them, a lot of passion went into developing them, it shines through the games. It's a pity they don't make games like that anymore, E3 this year was so disappointing, no new games or consoles got my attention. I think if something doesn't change gaming will die soon. I'm so glad I was brought into the Golden age of games.

Last edited by glenn101 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Name that game!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next