Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Name that game!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Name that game! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 am

glenn101 wrote:
Hell yeah, Japanese games for the win!

I'm not saying I won't give a game a chance just because it's not japanese. But all the games that I feel are timeless are japanese.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Alright I think I've stumped Conker there haha.
Alright, lets tone down the difficulty.

Name that game! - Page 3 Snes30
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:25 am

glenn101 wrote:

secret of evermore.

Name that game! - Page 3 Nwkick

mine shooould be easy too
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:46 am

Good one.
I like Secret of Evermore, but I've heard Secret of Mana is far superior, I really need to get Secret of Mana.

Name that game! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr76Syc_NGhH1hctkevjIHp48-h3qZHxOTFEIW3tqLlqiZ53_S
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:47 am

glenn101 wrote:
Good one.
I like Secret of Evermore, but I've heard Secret of Mana is far superior, I really need to get Secret of Mana.

Name that game! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQr76Syc_NGhH1hctkevjIHp48-h3qZHxOTFEIW3tqLlqiZ53_S

YOU'RE NEVER PLAYED SECRET OF MANA!@@!%@!(%!#)$&!@)&@&)%!&%!&@!%&)!@%)&!@%&)!@#%&*!@)$&*%!@&!@)$@ *explodes*

Secret of mana is one of my FAVOURITE games of all time. I rented it all the way in 1993 when I was conkers age (I turned 13 that year laughing ). My parents never bought me games as a kid and I didn't make enough money as a 13 year old to buy games so I would just rent them and ask for 1 game for my birthday / christmas. Unfortunately none of my friends bought secret of mana either so I didn't get my own copy until I had moved out and I was around...27 years old. Secret of mana is highly atmospheric, it's the ONLY rpg where I actually enjoy just running in circles levelling up because of how relaxing of a game it is to play.

I think the pic I posted didn't work here's another

Name that game! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYUePEZdxlquzFrmlBjPPTfosIlaIEMWQXxp2vw76hrAbeVrHYtPo1EjKCFA

Once again I have no clue what your game is laughing
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:58 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Alright then, if you get either of these ones I will be very amazed:

Name that game! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnItj_6v8hdz4MdFnf94isz_BV-sGlYEKH8eco2hp5IHfXYtUQkA

Name that game! - Page 3 2061_1
the first one is Strato fighter .

the second one i heard of online its Psycho Nics OSCAR
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 6:59 pm

glenn101 wrote:

Secrets of Evermore
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 7:00 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Good one.

Im guessing

Bad dudes Vs. Dragon Ninja? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Drakon wrote:

Name that game! - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYUePEZdxlquzFrmlBjPPTfosIlaIEMWQXxp2vw76hrAbeVrHYtPo1EjKCFA

Once again I have no clue what your game is laughing

Ninja Warriors.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Sheesh...conker rules this thread..
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Yeah I would have got ninja warriors, I was asleep while you guys were posting away lol...
Yeah I know, I really badly want secret of mana, it's the game I'm most looking forward to getting I can't wait.
Yes! Are you a bad enough dude?!
Damnit Conker! I will get you on something, how the hell did you know psycho nics oscar and strato fighter!! wow!!!

Alright then Conker, try this one!
Name that game! - Page 3 123110
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:26 am

glenn101 wrote:
Yeah I would have got ninja warriors, I was asleep while you guys were posting away lol...
Yeah I know, I really badly want secret of mana, it's the game I'm most looking forward to getting I can't wait.
Yes! Are you a bad enough dude?!
Damnit Conker! I will get you on something, how the hell did you know psycho nics oscar and strato fighter!! wow!!!

Alright then Conker, try this one!
Name that game! - Page 3 123110

Very Happy o love this game! i think its bloody wolf but that image you used is a little similar to some other games i have played so i have to go on the limb and say its bloody wolf
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Nice one, it is actually the sequel to bloody wolf - Thunder Zone!
You probably haven't played it, it was an arcade exclusive and is also quite rare.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:58 pm

glenn101 wrote:
You probably haven't played it, it was an arcade exclusive and is also quite rare.

aah sadly i have not played the sequal. No going to have to check into it and see what arcades in america have it. i mean... its only 1 google search away
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:50 am

Conker wrote:
glenn101 wrote:

aah sadly i have not played the sequal. No going to have to check into it and see what arcades in america have it. i mean... its only 1 google search away

I'm jelous. I live in Canada's largest city and our arcade scene is completely dead exept for private collectors. And most private collectors here don't have a great selection of pcbs. Most of them just build mame cabs to have the ability to play all the rare games...I sort of don't blame them for doing that because rare boards are rare and very expensive to buy. But still mame's not the same as the real board.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:53 pm

So do u give up Glenn?
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 pm

No, I've just been busy, got 2 exams in the next 2 days and my final one on Tuesday.

Try this one:

Name that game! - Page 3 Xyz24211
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:21 pm

glenn101 wrote:
No, I've just been busy, got 2 exams in the next 2 days and my final one on Tuesday.

Try this one:

Name that game! - Page 3 Xyz24211

gaiapolis? confused Shocked
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:05 am

Yes, how do you know Gaiapolis? I've never known anyone else who knows of that game.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:39 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Yes, how do you know Gaiapolis? I've never known anyone else who knows of that game.
extreme addiction my friend... im both proud of it and ashamed of it.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Conker wrote:
glenn101 wrote:

Why ashamed? I think it's awesome! How many 13 year olds will you meet who actually know great games that came out long before they were born?
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Drakon wrote:
Conker wrote:
glenn101 wrote:

Why ashamed? I think it's awesome! How many 13 year olds will you meet who actually know great games that came out long before they were born?

not many i suppose.. unless you go to asia.. anyway i love arcade games. mainly due to the fact that they just fascinated me with their increasingly fun graphics and animations. and as a young boy it was my goal to find out how games work. now that i have that knowledge i like playing the endless amounts of games there are!
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:44 pm

I agree with Drakon, I think it's awesome you know about the real games.

Alright, let's go classics!

I love this game! excellent gameplay and brilliant music.

Name that game! - Page 3 Addews10
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:29 am

Conker wrote:
not many i suppose.. unless you go to asia.. anyway i love arcade games. mainly due to the fact that they just fascinated me with their increasingly fun graphics and animations. and as a young boy it was my goal to find out how games work. now that i have that knowledge i like playing the endless amounts of games there are!

Yeah but the arcade scene was dead by the time you were born. I mean I was your age during the revival of the arcade scene but even I don't know most of these games because arcades here were completely over-saturated with fighting games. So much that every corner variety store had atleast one fighting game arcade machine. These weren't even arcades, they were variety stores. Even if I go to the all asian parts of this city the fighting games get the most attention and other types of games get mostly ignored...except for music and racing games.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 am

glenn101 wrote:
I agree with Drakon, I think it's awesome you know about the real games.

Alright, let's go classics!

I love this game! excellent gameplay and brilliant music.

Name that game! - Page 3 Addews10

OH my GOSH!!! is that Gyrus from 1983?!?

if so then that is one of my all time favorite arcade games! it was the second game i ever played!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name that game!   Name that game! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Name that game!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next