Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
glenn101
glenn101

Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Hahaha, I'm sorry laughing

The sequel on the Genesis is quite good though, not as good as the first on the arcade though.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:06 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Hahaha, I'm sorry laughing

The sequel on the Genesis is quite good though, not as good as the first on the arcade though.

Really I don't spend a lot of time gaming although my systems have gotten to the point of being so pimped it really enhnaces the experienced. With this recent video quality upgrade I did to the av famicom (nes) I find that suddenly I'm enjoying a whole bunch of games I didn't really play before.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Fair enough. The only reason I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment is that I'm on a holiday break from Uni. When I'm at uni I get close to zero time for it :(.

Yeah I also think that some games deserve a second chance, initial reactions aren't always quite right.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:20 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Fair enough. The only reason I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment is that I'm on a holiday break from Uni. When I'm at uni I get close to zero time for it :(.

Yeah I also think that some games deserve a second chance, initial reactions aren't always quite right.

I have a lot of spare time but I really enjoy modding so I still manage to take up most of my spare time learning how to make sh#t awesome cool

Also if I played as many games as you do I don't think I'd ever find enough time to do anything else. Between having a job, a gf (practically married), my modding hobby, my music making hobby, and the rest of my life I just wouldn't have time for that much gaming. Don't get me wrong I DO share your passion for great games I just have to truncate my list so I can fit it into my schedule. And I do enjoy reading about the awesome games you find. Just be warned that unless a game goes BAM in my face with awesomeness I'm probably not going to find the time to play it Neutral
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:15 am

Fair enough, most of the games I've mentioned I played first and played the most was when I was younger when I had lots of freetime. For the past 5 years or so I've had next to no time, I put all my effort into my education. But when I do get some time, I also try to truncate them into my schedule. So I really do understand that people have limited time for this stuff as they get older, I haven't just played these games all in one hit, I've played them throughout my life.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:28 am

Uhm it isn't an age thing it's more like "games or spend time with my gf?". I discovered better things to do than gaming 24/7 that's all. I still enjoy my gaming but I do enjoy sunlight, girls, and other things too.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 am

Really? It's imperative that getting older leads to more responsibilities (such as a job, a gf, etc etc) leading to less time for certain things - such as games etc.

I also have discovered better/more important things to do than gaming 24/7 which is in agreement with my above statement, such as studying for my uni course, learning about more electronic devices/how they work as an interest, seeing friends, other things too.

I don't game 24/7 at all, out of most people I know I game the least. I dedicate most of my time trying to do the best I can in my course (and it has paid off, I haven't dropped below an A in any of my subjects). It's not easy to get a job as an engineer, you need to pull the results to stand out to have any chance at a job in the real world. Last semester I probably put a total of 5 hours in games - that's across 15 weeks. Any spare time I had was precious, I saw friends and went out instead.

With my free time now currently, I don't game 24/7 which you seem to think. I've learnt many interesting things over this break such as how to program NES games these past few weeks, most of my free time goes into this. I have simply played more games now comparatively because I have an opportunity too and I know I won't get much of a chance during the semester. I still see friends and go out also.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:03 am

Uhh I never said you game 24/7. Guilty concience?
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:03 am

You attempted to allude to your view that I game a lot via the following remark, it is very suggestive. There was definitely a negative connotation associated with this sentence.

"I discovered better things to do than gaming 24/7 that's all".

Also in this section of a sentence

"Also if I played as many games as you do"

Not a guilty conscience at all, I know how much gaming I've done - you don't. You just assumed I gamed alot because I knew a lot of games, but as a quote from myself: "they are games I've played over the years".

Anyway I'm off to do something other than gaming right now - visiting my sick grandmother in hospital. I'll be back later.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 am

hope she gets better soon?
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:11 am

I hope so too.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:12 pm

glenn101 wrote:
I hope so too.

I remember visiting my grandma for what would be the last time I'd see her alive. It was 2006 and she's suffered quite a stroke. She couldn't really talk, but atleast she seemed peaceful so that brought me comfort. Before that stroke she was going through dimensia and giving us angry phone calls at 4 in the morning because she couldn't remember why her car was taken away and assumed that we had stolen it.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm going through the exact same thing, because my grandmother has suffered a stroke. She initially had one about 2 years ago, only affected one side of the brain, the memory and she recovered somewhat. This time, she had a double stroke last week, now she can't string two words together and it seems to take a lot of energy.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:55 am

Wow that sucks. I hope she's atleast peaceful..
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Getting back to favourite video games... haha..

Darius Twin is another favourite game of mine. I loved the soundtrack on that game, it has that awesome SNES sound to it. Great gameplay too.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:49 am

I had the chance to play Progear the other day, man that game is awesome, thanks for recommending it. It had some of the finest graphics I've seen on a horizontal shooter, the game play is solid too. One of my favorite things about it though would have to be some of the bullet patterns created by the bosses, some of them are such a thrill to dodge! One of the memorable ones I think is on the third boss, I can't exactly be sure, but in one pattern he shoots bullets across the screen and then a split second later each bullet translates either up or down , that was very original! I also thought the diagonal bullet pattern by the final boss was cool.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:37 am

cave during that time made the most awesome bullet patterns. That's part of the huge appeal of cave games, they actually make you think
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:30 am

Yeah that's right, that's also what I like about Irem. They achieve making the player think in a different way though in that some checkpoints are ridiculously hard which forces the player to put quite a bit of thought into how they progress.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:26 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Yeah that's right, that's also what I like about Irem. They achieve making the player think in a different way though in that some checkpoints are ridiculously hard which forces the player to put quite a bit of thought into how they progress.

Yeah I have nothing but love for irem. Too bad most irem games are just....too difficult....oh who am I kidding most? ALL! pirat
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 12:42 am

Well i have a few favorites on different consoles so here i go
Nes: Zelda
Snes: Mario all star pack
Genesis: sonic
Dreamcast: Quake 3
ps2: Final Fantasy XVII or something like that...theres so many of them...
wii: twilight princess
xbox: Halo
Xbox 360: Naughty Bear

they all rock in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:38 am

uhm, on the nes I'll assume you mean zelda 1. On the genesis do you mean sonic 1, 2, 3, or sonic and knuckles?
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:41 am

yea i mean zelda 1 and sonic 1. gotta respect the classics cool
Back to top Go down
skullkid875

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:49 pm

NES: Zelda 2
SNES: A Link to the Past
N64: Majora's Mask
PS2: One of the dragonball z games
Gamecube: Bionicle Heroes (It's the only one I've played)
Wii: Skyward sword
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:32 am

Wow a fan of zelda 2......man that game is difficult. Anyway link to the past rules so that's always a great choice. As for sonic I always thought sonic 2 was more classic than 1...but that's just me. Sonic 1 feels to me like a beta version of sonic 2 sort of like how street fighter 2 world warrior feels like a beta version of champion edition.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:17 am

Hmmm Quake 3 for Dreamcast eh? Apparently it had better playability than the PC version, I quite enjoyed that too. I can't pick my favorite game for Dreamcast I have too many favorites on that amazing underrated system although I think Powerstone 2 would be up there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)   Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your list of favourite video games (sorted by system)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next