Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Saturn's best year?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

The Saturn's best year?
The Saturn's best year? Vote_lcap0%The Saturn's best year? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
The Saturn's best year? Vote_lcap20%The Saturn's best year? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
The Saturn's best year? Vote_lcap60%The Saturn's best year? Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
The Saturn's best year? Vote_lcap20%The Saturn's best year? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
AlecRob
AlecRob

The Saturn's best year? Empty
PostSubject: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:31 am

Which year was the best for the Saturn? I got the idea for this thread from a few other forums that had similar threads on it.

A similar thread on Sega-16 said this:
"There's more than one way to interpret the question; which year was the best year to buy it, which year was the best year to play it, which year had the best releases, etc. I don't want to make more than one poll about this so just answer in whatever way is most meaningful to you."

So which year for the Saturn is best for you?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 am

AlecRob wrote:
Which year was the best for the Saturn? I got the idea for this thread from a few other forums that had similar threads on it.

"There's more than one way to interpret the question; which year was the best year to buy it, which year was the best year to play it, which year had the best releases, etc. I don't want to make more than one poll about this so just answer in whatever way is most meaningful to you."

Since I have barely any experience with the saturn I'll say 1998 because of radiant silvergun.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:48 am

Drakon wrote:
AlecRob wrote:

Since I have barely any experience with the saturn I'll say 1998 because of radiant silvergun.

1998 has plenty of other great titles too, such as house of the dead.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:28 am

AlecRob wrote:

I dunno, something about house of the dead to me screams "I must be played in the arcade". It's a great 2 player game, but single player?
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 am

Drakon wrote:
AlecRob wrote:

I dunno, something about house of the dead to me screams "I must be played in the arcade". It's a great 2 player game, but single player?
It's good single player as well. The Saturn version can also be played with two players like the arcade, with two light guns.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:44 pm

AlecRob wrote:
Drakon wrote:
AlecRob wrote:

It's good single player as well. The Saturn version can also be played with two players like the arcade, with two light guns.

Yeah it's just usually at the arcade I'm with someone else but at home not so much. To me house of the dead is one of the best arcade games it's perfect for the arcade. Radiant silvergun you'd see it in an arcade and be like "wtf is this doing here?". Radiant silvergun is a great home console game.
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:19 pm

Interestingly, radiant silvergun did get an arcade release.even some arcades in the US had itway back then.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:13 pm

AlecRob wrote:
Interestingly, radiant silvergun did get an arcade release.even some arcades in the US had itway back then.

Yeah nobody knows that because radiant silvergun isn't really the sort of game that's great to play in an arcade.
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 pm

I just obtained a copy of Radiant Silvergun, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Yikes, they're pricey.
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:51 pm

I sold done neo geo pocket stuff and a few other things to get it. The total amount I spent to get the stuff I sold was about 40 bucks. I was able to sell it all for $125
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:39 am

1998 also had Castlevania and it has two extra levels over the playstation version.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:40 am

but really, all the years were great except the year sega announced they were discontinuing the saturn.
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 am

The playstation version of castlevania was still better though, despite the Saturn exclusive content.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:08 pm

AlecRob wrote:
The playstation version of castlevania was still better though, despite the Saturn exclusive content.

Really? Why better?
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 8:12 pm

The Saturn version was sloppy. It had less detailed graphics, no transparencies, and more slowdown. The playstation version is much more polished in almost every way.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:42 am

AlecRob wrote:
The Saturn version was sloppy. It had less detailed graphics, no transparencies, and more slowdown. The playstation version is much more polished in almost every way.

I'm guessing the saturn version was released first?
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 am

Actually the playstation version was released first. The Saturn one was a sloppy port of it.
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:01 am

Also, who voted 1999? That seems like an odd choice.
Back to top Go down
Zer0-2k11

Zer0-2k11

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:32 am

Drakon wrote:
Beat me to it thumbs up
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 am

I voted 1996, personally. Most of my favorite Saturn games were released in 1996.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:09 pm

that was the saturn ST-V.

It was a cartridge based system based on the saturn.

Sokyugurentai also got a release for it.

I have an st-v but not a lot of games because they are expensive, like 200.00 expensive.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptySun May 26, 2013 7:15 pm

mvsfan wrote:
that was the saturn ST-V.

It was a cartridge based system based on the saturn.

Sokyugurentai also got a release for it.

I have an st-v but not a lot of games because they are expensive, like 200.00 expensive.

I wonder if the inside of the carts are just flash or maskrom chips. I know the st-v uses carts so a st-v flashcart would be pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:32 pm

theoretically the saturn can also run games from the cart slot.

but there might be limitations on that i dont know.

one thing i know is that some fpga wizard needs to do something for the saturn.

Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:33 pm

even a cd drive replacement would be great.

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Saturn's best year?   The Saturn's best year? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Saturn's best year?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Specific Console Information And Discussions :: Sega Saturn-
Jump to: