Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
mvsfan

RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:41 pm

i dont know, dude. now Ive got a perfect picture out of this thing and im really getting fed up with this project.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Man - theres some funny shit on Imgur. Thanks for suggesting it id never been there before.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 7:40 pm

My next suggestion is youtube. You can upload videos there and even include the youtube videos you uploaded in your posts here.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:29 pm

i watch youtube a lot but i never found a need to sign up for it until now.

now that ive got this camera, and a good capture card it will be good to have.

Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:33 pm

Id like to try an amplifying transistor on sync, but i dont know what would be a good one to use or if this is even a good idea.

I still have some transistors left over from when i did a composite a/v mod to a nes toploader. id have to look again to see what kind they are.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:52 am

Next in my bag of tricks I'll teach you how to use the "edit" button so you can add more information to the same post instead of posting one sentence at a time. I've taken a picture and highlighted for you where this amazing button can be found:

RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 Ltu27Q1

The method is simple. If your post is the last post on the thread and you want to say something else, instead of making a new post, click "edit" on the last post you made and add your new thought to the end of that already existing post instead of making a completely new post. Posting one sentence at a time in multiple posts is considered "spam" by many forums and can get you kicked out (I won't kick you out for it but it can be annoying).

Sending me stuff by private message and e-mail is great and everything but if it's something that involves helping you fix a problem I'd rather you post it on the forum. If we post the ideas and results on the public forum then people in the future with the same issues can read the posts and find the solutions they're looking for. Unless it's really a "private" matter I'd rather you post your question / comment on the forum instead of sending it by private message or e-mail. The whole concept behind a forum is that I can come, read posts and reply when I have time to do so. I don't want to get an e-mail notification every time someone has a small update on the progress of whatever the person is trying to fix. It becomes even more annoying when the update is sent to me one sentence at a time over private message. I've blocked people on messenger / e-mail / private messaging systems for abusing these systems to send me information that would better fit on a forum. There is no urgency in showing me the latest update on how your hardware isn't working right.

What I suggest you do is this: Post your questions / progress on the forum. If you have a new topic to discuss either make a new thread yourself or ask someone who knows how to make one to make it for you. If you have any new information to add and your post is the last post in a thread, then please just edit the new information into the same post instead of making an entirely new post. Please, PLEASE have patience. We will read your posts and reply to them when we have time. People do not appreciate abuse of the private messaging system because you're too impatient to wait for us to have time to read and respond. If you continue being this impatient you'll find people will just stop responding and trying to help you. Posting one sentence at a time is another sign of impatience. The world won't crumble if you take some time to gather all of your thoughts before you write them down. I know the idea of free tech support is exciting. However, you're not paying anyone for this help so you should at least have a little patience.

Last edited by Drakon on Fri May 31, 2013 9:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:10 am

Drakon wrote:
Next in my bag of tricks I'll teach you how to use the "edit" button so you can add more information to the same post instead of posting one sentence at a time. I've taken a picture and highlighted for you where this amazing button can be found:

RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 Ltu27Q1

The method is simple. If your post is the last post on the thread and you want to say something else, instead of making a new post, click "edit" on the last post you made and add your new thought to the end of that already existing post instead of making a completely new post. Posting one sentence at a time in multiple posts is considered "spam" by many forums and can get you kicked out (I won't kick you out for it but it can be annoying).

Sending me stuff by private message and e-mail is great and everything but if it's something that involves helping you fix a problem I'd rather you post it on the forum. If we post the ideas and results on the public forum then people in the future with the same issues can read the posts and find the solutions they're looking for. Unless it's really a "private" matter I'd rather you post your question / comment on the forum instead of sending it by private message or e-mail. The whole concept behind a forum is that I can come, read posts and reply when I have time to do so. I don't want to get an e-mail notification every time someone has a small update on the progress of whatever the person is trying to fix. It becomes even more annoying when the update is sent to me one sentence at a time over private message.

What I suggest you do is this: Post your questions / progress on the forum. If you have a new topic to discuss either make a new thread yourself or ask someone who knows how to make one to make it for you. If you have any new information to add and your post is the last post in a thread, then please just edit the new information into the same post instead of making an entirely new post. Please, PLEASE have patience. We will read your posts and reply to them when we have time.

sure, I can do that. It makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:14 am

mvsfan wrote:
sure, I can do that. It makes sense.
I really appreciate this. I'm sure you've noticed I stopped replying to your private messages and e-mails because you continue to abuse them for little progress updates that aren't urgent. Really unless it's an urgent / private matter I'd rather you post your comment on the forum so I can read it and reply when I find the time. Private messaging / e-mail are really only for urgent matters that can't wait. Project progress updates and questions can wait.

I don't expect everyone to know this stuff automatically which is why I'm explaining it now. I'm sure you would find it annoying if you got 10+ e-mails because somebody decided to send you little updates on the progress of their project by private message one sentence at a time. If you post these things on the forum two amazing things happen. 1: I can reply when I have time. 2: Other people can see the problem and solution. I stickied this thread because jailbars on the rgb nes are a big problem and I want people to know how to fix it. If we only discuss the solution by private messenger nobody will ever see how to do it. Having skips add his input is very valuable information, he's more talented at jailbar removal than myself.

Just remember that "private messaging" has the word "private" in it which implies that it's just for "private matters". There's no shame in having trouble getting your project to work and asking for help so it really shouldn't be a private conversation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:50 am

mvsfan wrote:
Id like to try an amplifying transistor on sync, but i dont know what would be a good one to use or if this is even a good idea.

I still have some transistors left over from when i did a composite a/v mod to a nes toploader. id have to look again to see what kind they are.

Tonight i was messing around with my AV Famicom and noticed my Scart to Component encoder would not sync properly with pin 21 lifted, even when it was ran through the LM1881. Just for shits and giggles i connected the raw sync AND the point where composite video comes out of the AV famicom PCB and it synced just fine. I can't explain why this works as pin 21 on the encoder is lifted and nothing should be coming through that point on the motherboard. Try lifting and running a wire from pin 21 and tap the solder point for the composite video jack in the RF box. Next solder both those wires together on the scart pin on your scart socket. I know there is no composite video or sync running through that point since pin 21 is lifted but just humor us and give it a go. It worked on the AV Famicom so it may work on your nes.

*edit*

Forgot to mention I also tried this on a US toaster. It had the same exact issue the AV Famicom had with pin 21 lifted. Doing what I mentioned above got the CVS287 syncing properly with the nes.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:27 am

I tried this today and had no luck. it actually made the picture worse. wrote:

Tonight i was messing around with my AV Famicom and noticed my Scart to Component encoder would not sync properly with pin 21 lifted, even when it was ran through the LM1881. Just for shits and giggles i connected the raw sync AND the point where composite video comes out of the AV famicom PCB and it synced just fine. I can't explain why this works as pin 21 on the encoder is lifted and nothing should be coming through that point on the motherboard. Try lifting and running a wire from pin 21 and tap the solder point for the composite video jack in the RF box. Next solder both those wires together on the scart pin on your scart socket. I know there is no composite video or sync running through that point since pin 21 is lifted but just humor us and give it a go. It worked on the AV Famicom so it may work on your nes.

*edit*

Forgot to mention I also tried this on a US toaster. It had the same exact issue the AV Famicom had with pin 21 lifted. Doing what I mentioned above got the CVS287 syncing properly with the nes.

Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 4:42 pm

i was looking at the scart pinout again and noticed that there is a sync ground pin on it. for the heck of it, im going to hook it up.

where should i connect it - pin 17 on the ppu?
Back to top Go down
Grambo

Grambo

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:09 pm

Grambo wrote:
I noticed your SCART pin 17 isn't hooked up. Leads me to wonder if your composite sync is even grounded.

I mentioned this on page 5 Wink

Any ground should do fine.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Grambo wrote:
Grambo wrote:
I noticed your SCART pin 17 isn't hooked up. Leads me to wonder if your composite sync is even grounded.

now its hooked up, but no change.

Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:35 pm

mvsfan wrote:
Grambo wrote:
Grambo wrote:

I hooked pin 17 up on the scart socket, to pin 17 on the rgb chip and it doesnt like that. It gave me a b/w rolling picture, then i cut the wire and it went back to the usual color, slowly rolling picture.

I guess tomorrow i will try hooking up pin 17 on scart to the chassis ground.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 pm

mvsfan wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
Grambo wrote:
Grambo wrote:

I hooked pin 17 up on the scart socket, to pin 17 on the rgb chip and it doesnt like that. It gave me a b/w rolling picture, then i cut the wire and it went back to the usual color, slowly rolling picture.

I guess tomorrow i will try hooking up pin 17 on scart to the chassis ground.

sorry about the double post. im still getting used to edit.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 pm

I'm so glad this is a thing of the past now.
Back to top Go down
MaxWar

MaxWar

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 am

Drakon wrote:

I haven't gotten around to purchase the RGBnes yet. Still using my good'ol PC10 ppu Flabo...
I really should get it but I just have too much stuff to mess around with already.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 6:32 pm

MaxWar wrote:
Drakon wrote:

I haven't gotten around to purchase the RGBnes yet. Still using my good'ol PC10 ppu Flabo...
I really should get it but I just have too much stuff to mess around with already.

Good lord, how do you live like this? I recently picked up the sd2snes and now I wonder how I ever lived without this thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal   RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

RGB NES / Famicom and jailbar removal
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6