Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464 Empty
PostSubject: My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464   My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 pm

My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464 Inzofamicomdone

My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464 Newaudioswitch

My craftmanship has certainly improved in a lot of areas.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
inzo464

PostSubject: Re: My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464   My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm

Yes people,this mod is worth every penny and the time. The end result is a quality product and hours of gameplay. The pictures alone and the videos don't do it justice. They look great but in person you'll see the colors and the clarity of it all. To this day i dont know why Nintendo didnt include the rgb ppu from the start. Aside from Rgb, I tested the S-Video upgrade and Drakon has done a hell of a job.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464   My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:50 am

inzo464 wrote:
Yes people,this mod is worth every penny and the time. The end result is a quality product and hours of gameplay. The pictures alone and the videos don't do it justice. They look great but in person you'll see the colors and the clarity of it all. To this day i dont know why Nintendo didnt include the rgb ppu from the start. Aside from Rgb, I tested the S-Video upgrade and Drakon has done a hell of a job.

nintendo probably didnt include rgb because very few tvs being manufactured in the 80s and early 90s had a connection that could utilize it. if they did they were expensive.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464   My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:06 am

mvsfan wrote:
inzo464 wrote:

nintendo probably didnt include rgb because very few tvs being manufactured in the 80s and early 90s had a connection that could utilize it. if they did they were expensive.

....Back then they had s-video, and to get s-video you need a rgb source. No system back then generated s-video at the ppu / vdp level it was always rgb and then you convert that rgb into s-video / composite / whatever.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464   My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
inzo464 wrote:

....Back then they had s-video, and to get s-video you need a rgb source. No system back then generated s-video at the ppu / vdp level it was always rgb and then you convert that rgb into s-video / composite / whatever.

True, they did have s-video but it wasnt common. A few tvs like the rca dimension even had rgb.

i suppose nintendo just didnt think it was worth it to include rgb in the nes.

not only that, but i remember my dad paid around $1000 for a fully loaded 25" NEC tv in 1987. It had a lot of composite connections and s-video and a few we didnt know what they were.

it wasnt cheap. I remember the connections because i still had it after dad got a new one, and i was using it as my gaming tv in the 90s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464   My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464 Empty

Back to top Go down

My AV Famicom commission for: inzo464
Page 1 of 1