Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mario Land Full Colour Romhack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Mario Land Full Colour Romhack Empty
PostSubject: Mario Land Full Colour Romhack   Mario Land Full Colour Romhack EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:07 pm

I built some gameboy dev carts, at first it was to play games I didn't feel like paying for.  Since I had the dev carts handy, and some flash chips, I decided to use it to do some gameboy dev-work.  I present you the first completed project....mario land 1, IN FULL COLOUR

Mario Land Full Colour Romhack Mariolandcolourdemoshots2

This is a romhack of the marioland 1.1 rom turning the game into full colour.  I found a colorized version of the game on romhacking.net that had been made using the gb colorizer.  The gbcolorizer code is unfinished and games made using it don't run on real hardware or certain emulators.  With the help of bgb emulator, spikeman, and a lot of research into gameboy assembly language I give you this improved hack.  This version makes the colourized rom go from 1mbyte down to 128k, this hack runs on actual hardware and all emulators flawlessly.  All bugs and glitches that were in the previous release have been fixed (there were a lot of bugs and glitches).  There's the occasional drawing glitch giving you the wrong pallette on tiles once in a blue moon but the glitches are so small they're not annoying at all.  The reason why there's minor drawing glitches is because of the nature of the inserted colorizer code.  This's as good as you can get without completely disassembling the entire rom, and truthfully I never imagined we'd get it this good.

Testing on real hardware was done using my home-made gameboy dev carts.  This game only runs on a gameboy color, gameboy advance, or gameboy player, it won't run on a super gameboy or original gameboy since it's programmed as a gameboy color game.

Here's the patch:

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1187/

Once again this patch is for the marioland version 1.1 rom, it converts the black and white marioland rom into a fully fledged gameboy color rom running with the graphics converted into colour.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Land Full Colour Romhack   Mario Land Full Colour Romhack EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:28 am

Added a playthrough video recorded from my gamecube.
Back to top Go down
Grambo

Grambo

PostSubject: Re: Mario Land Full Colour Romhack   Mario Land Full Colour Romhack EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 11:19 am

WTB GBA Everdrive.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Land Full Colour Romhack   Mario Land Full Colour Romhack EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Grambo wrote:
WTB GBA Everdrive.

I'd love for something like that. I built myself a gb / gbc devcart so I can play romhacks until such a thing exists.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Mario Land Full Colour Romhack   Mario Land Full Colour Romhack EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:43 am

Drakon wrote:
Grambo wrote:
WTB GBA Everdrive.

I'd love for something like that. I built myself a gb / gbc devcart so I can play romhacks until such a thing exists.

thats neat. any plans to do the castlevanias in color?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Mario Land Full Colour Romhack   Mario Land Full Colour Romhack EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:47 am

mvsfan wrote:
Drakon wrote:
Grambo wrote:
WTB GBA Everdrive.

I'd love for something like that.  I built myself a gb / gbc devcart so I can play romhacks until such a thing exists.

thats neat. any plans to do the castlevanias in color?
no.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: color emphasis   Mario Land Full Colour Romhack EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:15 am

Bram stokers dracula does this on an rgb ppu.

Mario Land Full Colour Romhack DTaIzGB

it occurs when you pass one of the ? blocks in the first stage.

how hard is this to fix?

also - Ive had time to actually play castlevania 2 on the rgb nes, and it seems to work fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Land Full Colour Romhack   Mario Land Full Colour Romhack Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Land Full Colour Romhack
Page 1 of 1