A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Arcade supergun S-video upgrade

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Arcade supergun S-video upgrade   Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:03 pm

Since all my of my consoles now outputs s-video I decided to build my favourite supergun s-video encoder pcb into my supergun. For those who aren't familiar an arcade supergun is a device that lets you play arcade machine circuit boards on a regular tv and controller. Here's the s-video jack:

Here's what the inside looks like:

There's actually another pcb you can't see in this picture because it's completely buried underneath wires. The buried pcb is the rgb to s-video encoder. It also outputs composite video but the composite video looks terrible so I didn't wire up composite. Luckily the s-video looks perfect.

And for anyone interested here's what the supergun looks like when it's all put together

The usb cables coming out of it connect to the pcb for games that use more than 3 buttons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

Arcade supergun S-video upgrade
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1