A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Another RGB SNES Mini

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:40 pm

OnyxDomain it's clear that you have zero understanding of how any of this works and what these things do.  I suggest you google, or hire someone who knows how these things work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
WiiFitPlus



Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:49 pm

Drakon wrote:
OnyxDomain it's clear that you have zero understanding of how any of this works and what these things do.  I suggest you google, or hire someone who knows how these things work.
Any reason you have to be condescending about it? Especially when I've given you tons of business not to mention I've mailed you free stuff a bunch of times?

 When I walked you through and explained to you how to do the optical audio mod, I never once said "you have zero understanding of how this optical audio mod works, use google or hire someone". Same for the fuse repair on the SNES mini. I just explained it to you like a normal goddamn human being.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakon
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:03 pm

OnyxDomain wrote:
Drakon wrote:
OnyxDomain it's clear that you have zero understanding of how any of this works and what these things do.  I suggest you google, or hire someone who knows how these things work.
Any reason you have to be condescending about it? Especially when I've given you tons of business not to mention I've mailed you free stuff a bunch of times?

 When I walked you through and explained to you how to do the optical audio mod, I never once said "you have zero understanding of how this optical audio mod works, use google or hire someone". Same for the fuse repair on the SNES mini. I just explained it to you like a normal goddamn human being.

I don't want to see you fry more hardware.  If you don't understand how something works or even what it does then you shouldn't be wiring it up.  Go do research on what these parts do and then you'll find your answer.  I'm trying to prevent you from killing more stuff, if you don't see this as me trying to help you, I can't help how to interpret it.

It's plain and simple.  If someone isn't willing to learn how this hardware works and what the function of it even is, the person shouldn't be modding or attempting to install things.  The key to any job is learning at least what the parts do.


Last edited by Drakon on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
WiiFitPlus



Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Drakon wrote:
OnyxDomain wrote:
Drakon wrote:
OnyxDomain it's clear that you have zero understanding of how any of this works and what these things do.  I suggest you google, or hire someone who knows how these things work.
Any reason you have to be condescending about it? Especially when I've given you tons of business not to mention I've mailed you free stuff a bunch of times?

 When I walked you through and explained to you how to do the optical audio mod, I never once said "you have zero understanding of how this optical audio mod works, use google or hire someone". Same for the fuse repair on the SNES mini. I just explained it to you like a normal goddamn human being.

I don't want to see you fry more hardware.  If you don't understand how something works or even what it does then you shouldn't be wiring it up.  Go do research on what these parts do and then you'll find your answer.

Clearly if I figured out the optical audio mod it's not like I have zero idea on console modding. Your stubbornness in answering a simple question would be warranted if my question was "hey guys how do I solder and what does a resistor do" but I'm not. 

So yeah, I went on a lengthy discussion on how I know where the red, green, and blue inputs are on the SNES encoder. And I explain how I know that the encoder in the SNES also has an amp (something you and I both figured out together over MSN). Then I explain I know that the output of the encoder on the red, green, and blue lines needs to be disconnected to prevent them from reaching the A/V port of the SNES. I'm following a goddamn guide based on the N64 RGB mod; care to explain what the hell you expect me to "google" when there's probably 2 people on the entire planet who have done this SNES mod? What elaborate piece of the puzzle here that you refuse to explain to me am I missing? 

You recommended I tap sync. Guess what? I did the research. There's 3 goddamn places to place wires on the TI amp, and none of them are for sync. I know what sync does. I also know that all pins on the TI amp are used with no place to put sync. What exactly about my question shows I have "zero knowledge" as you say, about what I am doing? 

And save me the "preventing you from frying another SNES" BS; you know I repaired all of them replacing the fuse in the SNES mini which, if I recall correctly, you requested I take a picture of and show you, which I did, which I now just wish I said "you have ZERO clue about the SNES mini fuse I recommend you use google or pay someone".


Last edited by OnyxDomain on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakon
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 pm

There's many modders out there with higher skill level than me who I frequently ask questions to.  When one of these people tells me to go and research something I do it.  I don't blow up at the person and act like a 2 year old.  If you take the time to understand what these parts even do then you'll realize the answer, and also how dumb your question was.

You're the one being stubborn.

OnyxDomain wrote:
You recommended I tap sync. Guess what? I did the research. There's 3 goddamn places to place wires on the TI amp, and none of them are for sync. I know what sync does. I also know that all pins on the TI amp are used with no place to put sync. What exactly about my question shows I have "zero knowledge" as you say, about what I am doing?

This paragraph shows that you have zero knowledge.

Also you fried a rgb nes ppu plugging it in backwards and turning the system on.  You didn't repair this.  What amazed me is after you did this you asked me "why doesn't it work anymore?".  I refuse to help someone who acts like a baby when he doesn't get what he wants but instead is told to go and do a little research on his own.  New mods are discovered by doing research and experimentation, not by whining.


Last edited by Drakon on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
WiiFitPlus



Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Drakon wrote:
There's many modders out there with higher skill level than me who I frequently ask questions to.  When one of these people tells me to go and research something I do it.  I don't blow up at the person and act like a 2 year old.  If you take the time to understand what these parts even do then you'll realize the answer, and also how dumb your question was.

You're the one being stubborn.
Nah, this is acting like a two year old: "OnyxDomain it's clear that you have zero understanding of how any of this works and what these things do.  I suggest you google, or hire someone who knows how these things work. "


It's condescending as hell. If you don't see the hyperbole/exaggeration on saying "ZERO understand on how ANY of this works", I dunno what to say. Really man? Zero?? 

But I suppose it's my fault I was looking for a question to be answered on a discussion forum. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakon
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:25 pm

OnyxDomain wrote:
Drakon wrote:
There's many modders out there with higher skill level than me who I frequently ask questions to.  When one of these people tells me to go and research something I do it.  I don't blow up at the person and act like a 2 year old.  If you take the time to understand what these parts even do then you'll realize the answer, and also how dumb your question was.

You're the one being stubborn.
Nah, this is acting like a two year old: "OnyxDomain it's clear that you have zero understanding of how any of this works and what these things do.  I suggest you google, or hire someone who knows how these things work. "


It's condescending as hell. If you don't see the hyperbole/exaggeration on saying "ZERO understand on how ANY of this works", I dunno what to say. Really man? Zero?? 

But I suppose it's my fault I was looking for a question to be answered on a discussion forum. thumbs up

You're trying to tap sync from something that doesn't have sync and doesn't have anything to do with sync.  That is zero understanding to me.  Next I expect you to ask if you should wire sync from this:



I trained a person in the past.  He was very good at wiring things up but like you he had no clue how any of this stuff works, and he also seemed to have no interest in learning how these things work.  Like you this guy managed to mess up a lot of things.  I decided never to train a person like that ever again.  If you don't want to learn what these parts do and how the mods work then you shouldn't be modding.


Last edited by Drakon on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
WiiFitPlus



Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Drakon wrote:
OnyxDomain wrote:
Drakon wrote:
There's many modders out there with higher skill level than me who I frequently ask questions to.  When one of these people tells me to go and research something I do it.  I don't blow up at the person and act like a 2 year old.  If you take the time to understand what these parts even do then you'll realize the answer, and also how dumb your question was.

You're the one being stubborn.
Nah, this is acting like a two year old: "OnyxDomain it's clear that you have zero understanding of how any of this works and what these things do.  I suggest you google, or hire someone who knows how these things work. "


It's condescending as hell. If you don't see the hyperbole/exaggeration on saying "ZERO understand on how ANY of this works", I dunno what to say. Really man? Zero?? 

But I suppose it's my fault I was looking for a question to be answered on a discussion forum. thumbs up

You're trying to tap sync from something that doesn't have sync and doesn't have anything to do with sync.  That is zero understanding to me.  

Stop talking/thinking like such an objectivist and like everything is black and white. My mom has zero understanding on SNES encoders. I know I'm not 100%... but zero is insulting, especially when I dedicate a huge post about what I know so far. 

Anyway, this was actually already a helpful reply, because this is where our misunderstanding comes from. Your original post I quoted said to tap sync. I don't know what you meant by that back when you made that post, because the SNES encoder does have sync, and it goes to pin 3 of the A/V port. That's why I don't know why you said "tap sync". I didn't say it, you did, and I was thinking it could be why I am getting no picture. For all I know my amp is fried; I am simply trying to narrow it down and your sync comment threw me off.
"
Drakon
This is a forum for people who're interested in learning how to further improve hardware, not just copy what other people post to save money.  This isn't the "free hand-holding instructable" forum this is the forum where people come to learn and share ideas / cool discoveries."

Ah yes I wired the entire thing up myself, found the schematics, and asking "what could be wrong" is hand-holding instructions? 

And I've told you a million times I like learning what stuff is and how it works because I learn better, so not sure why you are lumping me in with these other people who don't like to learn. 

Also nice "cheapskate" jab considering I've sent you over $1k in the past as well as freebies in the mail just because I felt like being a decent human being.


Last edited by OnyxDomain on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakon
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:32 pm

OnyxDomain wrote:
Stop talking/thinking like such an objectivist and like everything is black and white. My mom has zero understanding on SNES encoders. I know I'm not 100%... but zero is insulting, especially when I dedicate a huge post about what I know so far. 

Anyway, this was actually already a helpful reply, because this is where our misunderstanding comes from. Your original post I quoted said to tap sync. I don't know what you meant by that back when you made that post, because the SNES encoder does have sync, and it goes to pin 3 of the A/V port. That's why I don't know why you said "tap sync". I didn't say it, you did, and I was thinking it could be why I am getting no picture. For all I know my amp is fried; I am simply trying to narrow it down and your sync comment threw me off.

Go learn what sync is and what it's for.  In the snes mini sync isn't wired to the av port from my memory.  What you posted makes it look like you really have no idea what you're doing and just want to copy instructions from someone else without learning the knowledge for yourself.

This is a forum for people who're interested in learning how to further improve hardware, not just copy what other people post to save money.  This isn't the "free hand-holding instructable" forum this is the forum where people come to learn how this stuff actually works to find new ways to improve on it.  I don't want to have a forum full of people who have zero clue how stuff works and only know how to wire things together from simplified picture guides.

You whine and bitch every time someone tells you go to learn something for yourself. And for the work I do you and pretty much everyone who hired me paid me way less than what they should have.


Last edited by Drakon on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Grambo

avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 30
Location : Saskatchewan, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Maybe I shouldn't step into this firefight, but here goes nothing.

Because this is Drakon's forum, I will respect his ideal that the forum is for sharing mods, expanding into new territory and not offering full tutorials on "how to". For that reason, I don't really have a "here's what you're doing wrong and how to fix it" answer for you, but perhaps I can clear up a couple of the areas you seem to confused with and hopefully it will nudge you in the right direction:

You absolutely do require composite sync, but the THS7314 has nothing to do with sync. The THS7314 is simply amplifying the RGB levels instead of the encoder doing it (as it normally does on any RGB capable console when stock).
The sync does not need amplification and there's no reason for the THS7314 to come into contact with sync.

The capacitor in mmonkey's guide is a decoupling capacitor. Leave it in, it's not your issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiiFitPlus



Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Drakon wrote:
OnyxDomain wrote:
Stop talking/thinking like such an objectivist and like everything is black and white. My mom has zero understanding on SNES encoders. I know I'm not 100%... but zero is insulting, especially when I dedicate a huge post about what I know so far. 

Anyway, this was actually already a helpful reply, because this is where our misunderstanding comes from. Your original post I quoted said to tap sync. I don't know what you meant by that back when you made that post, because the SNES encoder does have sync, and it goes to pin 3 of the A/V port. That's why I don't know why you said "tap sync". I didn't say it, you did, and I was thinking it could be why I am getting no picture. For all I know my amp is fried; I am simply trying to narrow it down and your sync comment threw me off.

Go learn what sync is and what it's for.  In the snes mini sync isn't wired to the av port from my memory.  What you posted makes it look like you really have no idea what you're doing and just want to copy instructions from someone else without learning the knowledge for yourself.
Maybe you should stop assuming things, considering I'm not doing this to an SNES Mini; I'm doing it to a model 1 SNES? 

Hey let me ask you something, when I helped you with the SNES S/PDIF mod, did I give you shit for not knowing what ILRCK, ISCLK, and SDIN means? Do you even know what they mean today?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiiFitPlus



Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Grambo wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't step into this firefight, but here goes nothing.

Because this is Drakon's forum, I will respect his ideal that the forum is for sharing mods, expanding into new territory and not offering full tutorials on "how to". For that reason, I don't really have a "here's what you're doing wrong and how to fix it" answer for you, but perhaps I can clear up a couple of the areas you seem to confused with and hopefully it will nudge you in the right direction:

You absolutely do require composite sync, but the THS7314 has nothing to do with sync. The THS7314 is simply amplifying the RGB levels instead of the encoder doing it (as it normally does on any RGB capable console when stock).
The sync does not need amplification and there's no reason for the THS7314 to come into contact with sync.

The capacitor in mmonkey's guide is a decoupling capacitor. Leave it in, it's not your issue.

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to know. He simply threw me off by saying to tap sync, meanwhile sync wasn't supposed to be involved at all. THIS IS ALL I WAS ASKING. 

Thank you thank you thank you! I can at least rule it out as the culprit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grambo

avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 30
Location : Saskatchewan, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:40 pm

OnyxDomain wrote:

Maybe you should stop assuming things, considering I'm not doing this to an SNES Mini; I'm doing it to a model 1 SNES?
Hmmm. This kind of changes everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakon
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:40 pm

OnyxDomain wrote:
Maybe you should stop assuming things, considering I'm not doing this to an SNES Mini; I'm doing it to a model 1 SNES? 

Hey let me ask you something, when I helped you with the SNES S/PDIF mod, did I give you shit for not knowing what ILRCK, ISCLK, and SDIN means? Do you even know what they mean today?

If there's one thing I won't tolerate is bowing to people who act like I owe them something.  The difference between you and I is when I don't know what something is I go and google it.  If someone tells me to google it I don't whine.  If someone says I don't know what I'm doing I don't freak out.  Burst this ego of yours and grow up.

Grambo wrote:
OnyxDomain wrote:

Maybe you should stop assuming things, considering I'm not doing this to an SNES Mini; I'm doing it to a model 1 SNES?
Hmmm. This kind of changes everything.

You actually answered his question very well.  Very generous of you considering the way he's acting.

OnyxDomain wrote:
Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to know. He simply threw me off by saying to tap sync, meanwhile sync wasn't supposed to be involved at all. THIS IS ALL I WAS ASKING.

Thank you thank you thank you! I can at least rule it out as the culprit.

You know I never said "tap sync from the ths7314".  All you needed to do was google the "ths7314" and how it's normally used to find out people shove it in every console known to man and never use sync with it.  All you need to do is google what sync is to learn what it is.  I posted a schematic on where to tap sync in the onechip snes.  If you post a stupid question, expect an equally stupid answer.

I never assumed you were working in a snes mini.  I just said the snes mini doesn't have sync wired to the av port which is why I said "tap sync" in my original guide sherlock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Grambo

avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 30
Location : Saskatchewan, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:06 pm

I will admit to assuming it was an SNES Mini, but I don't feel too dumb about that, considering the topic's title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiiFitPlus



Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:16 pm

Interesting thing to note here: the last time I RGB modded an SNES Mini, someone on another forum said not to wire up sync, just R G and B with the appropriate resistors. He was right...it worked just fine on my XRGB Mini. 

Anyway, the reason I am aggravated is simply because I feel like I contributed a lot to this SNES "vertical line" thing. I bought something insane like 20 different SNES consoles so I could get every revision of every motherboard. As soon as I found out there was a 1CHIP-02 and a 1CHIP-03 (which no one even discovered until fairly recently), I hauled ass to eBay and after weeks, finally found them. Just to experiment.

All I ever did was experiment non-stop. I'm not a genius, but to dismiss me as some lazy idiot who doesn't want to do research to help "further the cause" is beyond insulting. Recall when I completely removed the SNES encoder and rewired all 24 pins to a completely separate location so we could determine if its proximity to other parts was the problem. Hell, when we talked over MSN and I mentioned I was doing the RGB mod for the N64, I mentioned I was going to order duplicates of the amp. It's by me doing that we were able to figure out that not only did the stock encoder in the SNES also act as an amp, but its mere presence made the vertical bar show up. 

Hell, even to this day, the removal of the vertical bar over RGB would have never been discovered if it weren't for you and me going back and forth with my experimenting and posting the results. Tiido eventually figured it out with some cryptic capacitor method but he still hasn't explained it to this day and no one has been able to figure it out yet. 

Do you see why this is so aggravating? When I share every little detail of my findings on all 10+ SNES motherboard revisions, when I experiment like crazy, trying out swapping regulators, discovering the SNES Mini's encoder is in the RGB-02 motherboard, literally moving the encoder to rule it out, and then to take a spare N64 amp, wire it into the 1CHIP SNES and discover it gets rid of the vertical bar, only to be called "lazy and cheap and entitled" and being shown pictures of a faucet? How can you not grasp this? The only "horrible" act I've done is not being able to figure out why the mod isn't working on the model 1 SNES when it worked fine on my Mini. Now, after all that experimenting and money spent, I'm an uneducated, lazy cheapskate. And you've put an RGB chip in an NES the wrong way too. You just got lucky and didn't fry it. And I never pretended to be an expert on NES modding, which is why I paid you to do it on 3 different consoles, so calling me out on that is bizarre. 

"This is a board for experimenting". Yes, and was trying to figure out this one hurdle so I could give concrete 100% iron-clad info on fixing this issue over RGB. And the amount of experimenting I've done is downright OCD; for you to make it like I'm some idiot newbie you never spoke to before is the "black and white" mentality I described earlier. In my basement I have 20+ SNES systems encompassing every motherboard revision, some with encoders completely removed, and I'm not contributing or at least trying? That's a joke, right? Because I asked a question about wiring sync? Shocked

"You don't even want to Google anything" How exactly is one supposed to Google something you and I alone discovered? Seriously, I was probably literally the first person ever to apply the N64 RGB mod to the SNES. Not that I deserve props or anything; you were the one who, once I bypassed the encoder and noticed the dark picture, suggested I put it in there. But how in the hell would I Google that to help refresh my memory? No one else has done it before. And as far as I was concerned, I was applying the mod the same way I did last time. Unless you were just being smart and meant "Google what sync means" which misses the point entirely because I am familiar with sync; hell I had to mess with soldering H and V sync pins back in 1999 when I tried to hook my Dreamcast up to my school's RGB monitor. And yes, I know what the term means: it synchronises the frames/scanlines so it displays properly; without it the display device wouldn't know what to do. 

I only mentioned I've sent you over a thousand dollars because you had the audacity to claim I'm too cheap to pay someone to do work for me. Your prices were fair and I never argued that; hell I even tipped you numerous times and I told you you could take months for all I cared. But I'm showing you why suggesting I'm a cheapskate is offensive; coupled with the fact that I spent damn near another thousand dollars on SNES systems alone just to experiment with to fix this issue. 

How in the unholy hell can you lump me in with a random forum-goer/newbie with an entitlement complex that dislikes learning and experimenting as if we had never had a single interaction before today and I've contributed absolutely nothing prior?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakon
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:10 pm

I knew snes video encoders act as an amp, I've known that before I even met you.  The translucent bar isn't caused by the snes encoder it's caused by the pcb being noisy.  The cxa2075 encoder is just better at filtering out noise than the encoder that comes on the snes.  Just because you trial and error stuff doesn't mean you actually understand why something works or doesn't work, or even how it works.

I never said you're a newbie, I just said you really don't get it and need to spend time learning how things work.  You might as well have posted this:



"where do I wire sync to this?"

Once again the googling I'm talking about is google what the ths7314 chip even does because clearly you have no idea if you think you should tap sync from it.  The ths7314 has only been used by every modder for every single system by now.  While you're at it you can google video encoders and what they do, there's plenty of data on that.  You just want to google "how to make snes bar disappear" but you don't care how this stuff works.  If you take the time to learn how these parts work, that's how you find fixes, not buying 800 different console revisions.

You weren't the first person to "apply the n64 rgb mod" because that amp was first used in the rgb famicom mod by japanese modder and that's where it came from.  I used this amp year ago, again, before meeting you.  This amp wasn't discovered or first used for the n64, it was copied from rgb nes projects.

"how do I google that?"  Well gee type in the part number and see how other people wired it up it's only the most common console rgb amp used by modders.

If you really think I owe you something you have another thing coming.  But from now on you can hire somebody else to mod stuff for you. If you really think you know your stuff so well then why even come here asking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
WiiFitPlus



Posts : 36
Join date : 2012-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Drakon wrote:
I knew snes video encoders act as an amp, I've known that before I even met you.  The translucent bar isn't caused by the snes encoder it's caused by the pcb being noisy.  The cxa2075 encoder is just better at filtering out noise than the encoder that comes on the snes.  Just because you trial and error stuff doesn't mean you actually understand why something works or doesn't work, or even how it works.

I never said you're a newbie, I just said you really don't get it and need to spend time learning how things work.  You might as well have posted this:



"where do I wire sync to this?"

Once again the googling I'm talking about is google what the ths7314 chip even does because clearly you have no idea if you think you should tap sync from it.  The ths7314 has only been used by every modder for every single system by now.  While you're at it you can google video encoders and what they do, there's plenty of data on that.  You just want to google "how to make snes bar disappear" but you don't care how this stuff works.  If you take the time to learn how these parts work, that's how you find fixes, not buying 800 different console revisions.

You weren't the first person to "apply the n64 rgb mod" because that amp was first used in the rgb famicom mod by japanese modder and that's where it came from.  I used this amp year ago, again, before meeting you.  This amp wasn't discovered or first used for the n64, it was copied from rgb nes projects.

"how do I google that?"  Well gee type in the part number and see how other people wired it up it's only the most common console rgb amp used by modders.

If you really think I owe you something you have another thing coming.  But from now on you can hire somebody else to mod stuff for you.  If you really think you know your stuff so well then why even come here asking?

I never claimed to know a thing and I actually give you props all the time even when you aren't there to see it? Even when people talk crap about the way you post on other forums I defend you so I have no clue where you got this idea that I feel like "you owe me something" from? I literally have no clue what you are talking about. I (was) your #1 defender.

I never said I was the first person to "apply the n64 rgb mod"; again you're making things up. I said I was probably the first person to ever put it in an SNES to bypass the encoder to see if the vertical line went away, simply showing I do provide some useful discoveries. Maybe there's some other person somewhere in the world who did it first in an SNES? I have no clue because they didn't post about it on the internet I guess. 

I obviously know what the ths7314 does. You're being willfully obtuse. I described it right in my post; the diagram even has the word "channels" on it. I even said it took the dark SNES picture and made it bright. I called it an amp. It's definition is in its name. I only mentioned tapping sync because you mentioned it and it threw me off and questioning it erased two years of me posting my findings all of a sudden. Why you keep harping on this one stupid ths7314 thing is beyond me. 

Considering how I usually call myself an idiot, call you a genius, and put myself down on a regular basis, this fantasy that you concocted of me being an entitled self-proclaimed genius is beyond bizarre. I literally have not gotten into an argument over the internet since the mid 90s so I'll wrap it up right about now because this is just Shocked.


Last edited by OnyxDomain on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:08 pm



OK nerds this isn't Neo-Geo.com this is way off topic now. Unless comments are about the completed project or some of the technical things about them they really need to have their own thread. From now on if you have a project that is not what the original posts contains make your own thread. This RGB bypass mod discussion shouldn't have even been in here since the original post by me is discussing an SNES Mini NOT an original SNES, 1 Chip SNES, or your mammy's SNES.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:23 pm

I don't count an idea that I came up with as your useful discovery. Being the first person to use a rgb amp in a snes isn't brilliant, especially when it was my idea to begin with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:28 pm

OK I'm going to lock this thread. Any further discussion on this matter can be done via PM. If you would like to further discuss your RGB Bypass mod please create a new thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Another RGB SNES Mini   

Back to top Go down
 
Another RGB SNES Mini
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» MAN's Mini Garage Sale
» Wyrd mini's Guild Executioner
» MINI TUNING - ALL ENTRANTS PLEASE READ
» snes wolf 3d sprites
» 2011 TORA CoD Mini League

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Projects / Showcase :: Completed Projects-
Jump to: