Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SNES Fusion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

SNES Fusion Empty
PostSubject: SNES Fusion   SNES Fusion EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:06 pm

This mod is way too complicated to explain in much detail, it took a lot of parts and clever thinking.

This system is a snes mini pcb running in a model 1 super famicom case.  Everything works, the power button, the reset button, the eject button, original controller ports, power LED.  The back is a regular super famicom back plate.  The rf box hole has been replaced with a rca jack that outputs digital audio.  This system has the video encoder bypassed with a sony cxa2075 for the best possible s-video quality in a snes.  The cord coming out the back powers my external spdif to analog converter box.

SNES Fusion DQB52Os

SNES Fusion RSVEDoW

SNES Fusion IUtyFfl
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
WiiFitPlus

SNES Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Fusion   SNES Fusion EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:28 am

This is excellent! Why didn't you use an optical port though? Just out of curiosity; I thought I sent you one or two, plus they are way more common in stereo receivers than coaxial is. Plus a red beam of light is just awesome! Smile

Just a thought.

But that's a slick job and I love all the extra room you get from using the mini's motherboard.  What would be awesome would be if there's a way to figure out how to stick US/Canadian carts into it without needing to use an adapter. I know you can cut up the cart slot in the SFC; I just meant I have been trying to figure out a way to make US/Canadian carts fit without making the system look ugly.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

SNES Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Fusion   SNES Fusion EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 am

OnyxDomain wrote:
This is excellent! Why didn't you use an optical port though? Just out of curiosity; I thought I sent you one or two, plus they are way more common in stereo receivers than coaxial is. Plus a red beam of light is just awesome! Smile

Just a thought.

But that's a slick job and I love all the extra room you get from using the mini's motherboard.  What would be awesome would be if there's a way to figure out how to stick US/Canadian carts into it without needing to use an adapter. I know you can cut up the cart slot in the SFC; I just meant I have been trying to figure out a way to make US/Canadian carts fit without making the system look ugly.

My audio gear is analog only.  I'm using an external spdif to analog converter and it has a rca input on it.  Using an optical port would mean I'd need to make a bigger hole and a much uglier looking install.  Space was surprisingly tight.  That eject mechanism forced me to relocate a lot of stuff to the back.  It is possible to widen the slot for american carts.  The whole point of me buying this bridge device is so I don't have to butcher my sfc case slots.  It's impossible to make a rectangular cartridge peg fit in a rounded hole without widening it.  Square peg, round hole, either you build an adapter or widen the slot those are the only two options unless you know someone making reproduction sfc case tops with snes sized holes.

There is also this..

SNES Fusion Sfcmodsized2cv0

SNES Fusion Sfcmodsized3nk0

Dear god that looks terrible. Until someone makes a new sfc case top half with a full sized slot that looks nice I'll stick to using my ebay adapter.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan

SNES Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Fusion   SNES Fusion EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Drakon wrote:
OnyxDomain wrote:

Just a thought.

My audio gear is analog only.  I'm using an external spdif to analog converter and it has a rca input on it.  Using an optical port would mean I'd need to make a bigger hole and a much uglier looking install.  Space was surprisingly tight.  That eject mechanism forced me to relocate a lot of stuff to the back.  It is possible to widen the slot for american carts.  The whole point of me buying this bridge device is so I don't have to butcher my sfc case slots.  It's impossible to make a rectangular cartridge peg fit in a rounded hole without widening it.  Square peg, round hole, either you build an adapter or widen the slot those are the only two options unless you know someone making reproduction sfc case tops with snes sized holes.

There is also this..

SNES Fusion Sfcmodsized2cv0

SNES Fusion Sfcmodsized3nk0

Dear god that looks terrible. Until someone makes a new sfc case top half with a full sized slot that looks nice I'll stick to using my ebay adapter.
Really - the sfc is such a nice looking system why would anyone want to do this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SNES Fusion Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Fusion   SNES Fusion Empty

Back to top Go down

SNES Fusion
Page 1 of 1