Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grambo

Grambo

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Empty
PostSubject: 19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister   19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:33 am

Since I use a plasma for my retro gaming, I use a scan converter. Up until yesterday, I've used an iScan HD unit with an SLG3000 scanline generator. It was decent, but it added a few frames of delay, so I replaced it.
This Framemeister is awesome. It has a few odd quirks, but everything looks fantastic and my delay worries are over. However, I hated the cheap plastic toy enclosure it came with... so I decided on doing this:

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Yw2q

The 19" rack mount chassis was donated from an audio processor for some Yorkville PA that no longer exists.
The 4 BNC connectors are for RGB+Sync and I have to add 2 more for S-Video once they arrive in the mail.
The only complaint I have so far is that when I'm using scanlines with my MVS, it tends to mess up a couple lines; works perfect without the scanlines. Maybe there's a setting buried in this thing somewhere... or maybe I can come up with another solution.

The pictures hardly do it justice, but I'll post some anyhow. SNES is just an SNES-1 (BA6594AF encoder), MVS is an MV-1C, Genesis is a VA6. All consoles are NTSC and using RGB+Sync. TV is an LG 52" Plasma.

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister D1qn

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Ot18

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Bhxx

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Gksj

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Af3b

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Lguh

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Gy2w

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Yw2q

Last edited by Grambo on Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: 19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister   19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:12 pm

That's some framemeister love right there.  Looks sexy on the tv.  How much does one of those set you back?

....You really need a onechip snes.  Use the guide:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvE57-VbN9_HdEpkUUR0U1hzMHFWVWw3VXhORHFIanc&output=html
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Grambo

Grambo

PostSubject: Re: 19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister   19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Picked it up for $400 including S&H on eBay. Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else. Not cheap, but totally worth it.

I really do want a 1-Chip..... if I come across one at a decent price, I'll go for it, but for the time being, I'd rather spend the time and money elsewhere. I think my next project is going to be extending the range of my wireless SNES controller and, if it works, make two NES wireless controllers and second SNES one.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: 19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister   19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Grambo wrote:
Picked it up for $400 including S&H on eBay. Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else. Not cheap, but totally worth it.

I really do want a 1-Chip..... if I come across one at a decent price, I'll go for it, but for the time being, I'd rather spend the time and money elsewhere. I think my next project is going to be extending the range of my wireless SNES controller and, if it works, make two NES wireless controllers and second SNES one.
I agree, it's better to save and not spend all at once.  There's a bunch of stuff I've wanted to pick up for years but only recently did, always good to spread out spending.  On this forum I encourage people to convert / upgrade / make stuff yourself so you don't have to buy extra copies of things.  It's always fun buying a cheap game, some cheap hardware, and converting the cartridge into a 100% accurate copy of a very rare and expensive game.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister   19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister Empty

Back to top Go down

19" Rack Mount XRGB-mini Framemeister
Page 1 of 1