A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

My computer and console area

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: My computer and console area   Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:52 pm

I decided to take some pictures of my pc and console area.  Everything is plugged into the same crt tv and amp / speakers via a s-video selector box / selection switch on my amp.  The computer guts I built in 2010 the case is from my mom's old 2004 computer which she was throwing out.  The screen is a new DVI / vga screen with a LED backlight.  The new screen is very lightweight, energy efficient, and produces a much sharper image than my old flat screen because it's newer and is using a digital signal instead of analog.  The amp is my dad's old 1979 pioneer that he gave to me in 1993 which I've since repaired.  I'm using a 2tb hdd over sata 2, the sound card is an sb audigy 1 mp3+ that I bought over 10 years ago.  The pci express ATI video card isn't powerful at all I just got it because it outputs s-video, vga and dvi.  The one speaker had a blown tweeter that's why there's wires coming out where the tweeter used to be connected to a small speaker I found on the side of the road which I used to replace the dead tweeter.

The consoles all have flashcards and sd loaders for development / romhack playing. Most of the sd hardware is krikzz products his hardware is the best. Viletim also makes the best stuff so I have his fm upgrade in my master system and of course the nesrgb kits.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: My computer and console area   Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Neat. I also have a computer/console room. I just got some shelves for it and an awesome corner computer desk i bought on craigslist for $25 bucks. Only drawback was that i had to carry it down the stairs at the place it was at. not fun. this thing is a 5 piece.

I also have an entertainment center with 2 very large video selector boxes that have all my consoles hooked up to them.

i wish i had more space in the entertainment center though.

I also have 3 bookcases full of consoles and parts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drakon
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My computer and console area   Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:55 pm

That sounds pretty awesome, I'd love to see some pictures if you ever get a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My computer and console area   

Back to top Go down

My computer and console area
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1