Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

this is great.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mvsfan

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: this is great.   this is great. EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:18 pm

check out this guys casework on this nes. Its some of the best custom casework ive seen. He also did a wwf one that just looks great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mario-Bros-CUSTOM-Nintendo-NES-Mario-Brothers-Luigi-Super-Console-System-/141437023805?pt=Video_Games&hash=item20ee4db63d&nma=true&si=dxizV0TvbvILw8oSOv%252F2DZ0GT4Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:44 am

That's amazing. I'm glad people are still doing these.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Drakon wrote:
That's amazing. I'm glad people are still doing these.

yeah i also like the wwf one. the cool thing about it is that he only has 80s wrestlers on it to go with the nes. it kinda takes you back. Smile

and the super mario one is real nice i love the cutouts for mario and luigi and they way they light up.

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 12:38 pm

The toaster nes is perfect for this sort of treatment, so is the american snes and the n64.  All of these systems have fugly cases by default so it's no loss adding artwork to them.  The only time I don't approve of this is when it's done to a system that already has a beautiful case like the nes 2, av famicom, super famicom, megadrive / genesis.

There's a lot of people doing this to original gameboys. For the original gameboy I'm a bit unsure if I like it because that system by default is pretty nice looking.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:05 pm

Drakon wrote:
The toaster nes is perfect for this sort of treatment, so is the american snes and the n64.  All of these systems have fugly cases by default so it's no loss adding artwork to them.  The only time I don't approve of this is when it's done to a system that already has a beautiful case like the nes 2, av famicom, super famicom, megadrive / genesis.

There's a lot of people doing this to original gameboys. For the original gameboy I'm a bit unsure if I like it because that system by default is pretty nice looking.

I actually like the american snes. I was one of those people who was on a pre-order list for it and basically counted the days until it came out. thats the only time i was really excited about a system coming out.

I think the american snes design is interesting. The superfamicom is nice too.

The toaster nes on the other hand - not much to say about it except that its just a grey box. perfect for artwork.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 6:48 pm

mvsfan wrote:
I actually like the american snes. I was one of those people who was on a pre-order list for it and basically counted the days until it came out. thats the only time i was really excited about a system coming out.

The toaster nes on the other hand - not much to say about it except that its just a grey box. perfect for artwork.

Glad we have that in common.  I was the same when the snes was new.  I've never been as excited about a new system as when the snes came out.  The only difference is I didn't get excited about the snes until my best friend at the time rented one and we were blown away by mario world, that's when I got excited.  I quickly sold my toaster nes and purchased my first snes.  If it hadn't been for the zif system and a 11 year old version of me not having any idea how to fix it I would have held onto my toaster.

I really think the snes case is fugly though.  The super famicom case looks amazing to me.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:

Glad we have that in common.  I was the same when the snes was new.  I've never been as excited about a new system as when the snes came out.  The only difference is I didn't get excited about the snes until my best friend at the time rented one and we were blown away by mario world, that's when I got excited.  I quickly sold my toaster nes and purchased my first snes.  If it hadn't been for the zif system and a 11 year old version of me not having any idea how to fix it I would have held onto my toaster.

I really think the snes case is fugly though.  The super famicom case looks amazing to me.

the superfamicom case is smooth.

the snes design was more of practicality. i read that In north america at nintendo service centers one of the biggest reasons the toaster nes got sent in was from people putting drinks on top of it and shorting it out.

so they made the top of the snes not flat so you couldnt set anything on it.

When nintendo power announced that final fight was going to be on it that sold it for me though.

I had to have it. id played it in the arcades.

super mario world was cool though.

the first 3 games i had were super mario world, final fight and gradius 3.

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 pm

That's funny my best friend as a kid fried his snes dropping a drink on it. I don't see how the snes case is more drink proof than a super famicom case.  My first three games were lent except for mario world, probably mario world, zelda lttp, final fantasy 4.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 3:25 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mario-Bros-Brothers-3-CUSTOM-Nintendo-NES-Console-System-Video-Game-/141479982313?pt=Video_Games&hash=item20f0dd34e9

heres another one by the same guy. this time its super mario bros 3.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mario-Bros-Brothers-3-CUSTOM-Nintendo-NES-Console-System-Video-Game-/141479982313?pt=Video_Games&hash=item20f0dd34e9

I should ask how much paint some of the yellow top halves i have in the stock colors.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 1:10 am

Looks great. Too bad it didn't go for a higher price.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: yeah.   this is great. EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 9:33 pm

his mario 1 console sold for a lot more.

good thing about doing nintendo consoles like this is that they were probably yellowish brown before they got painted. Ive run across some very yellow nes systems too not just super nes.

i thought this would have sold for more. if i had the $ right now i would have bought it and stuck a nesrgb in it and kept it for myself. i still have 2 boards left that i havent installed yet.

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 9:42 am

Having a nesrgb kit that's not installed in something is a sin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

this is great. Empty
PostSubject: Re: this is great.   this is great. Empty

Back to top Go down

this is great.
Page 1 of 1