Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Turbo Everdrive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Electric Zombie

Turbo Everdrive  Empty
PostSubject: Turbo Everdrive    Turbo Everdrive  EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Great product. Highly recommend.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Turbo Everdrive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Everdrive    Turbo Everdrive  EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 2:31 am

Agreed. Anything by krikzz is great truthfully.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Electric Zombie

Turbo Everdrive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Everdrive    Turbo Everdrive  EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:06 pm

I wish he would make an Everdrive for the Neo Geo, but he's said there are too many technical hurdles for him to overcome.

I think one of the actual "technical" hurdles is the fact that there is still a company selling Neo Geo games (new game collections being released on the 25th) for the Neo Geo X and he doesn't want to get sued by them in the Ukrainian courts.

Making flash carts for consoles that are defunct (PC Engine, Famicom) with software that isn't really profiting anyone is kind of a gray area, but it seems like the Neo Geo is off limits for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Turbo Everdrive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Everdrive    Turbo Everdrive  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Electric Zombie wrote:
I wish he would make an Everdrive for the Neo Geo, but he's said there are too many technical hurdles for him to overcome.

I think one of the actual "technical" hurdles is the fact that there is still a company selling Neo Geo games (new game collections being released on the 25th) for the Neo Geo X and he doesn't want to get sued by them in the Ukrainian courts.

Making flash carts for consoles that are defunct (PC Engine, Famicom) with software that isn't really profiting anyone is kind of a gray area, but it seems like the Neo Geo is off limits for awhile.

I'm pretty certain it has nothing to do with fear and it's just because of technical issues. From my memory of asking I've been told the neo geo has a huge amount of unique pcb hardware sets that have little documentation that would need recreating.
Back to top Go down
Electric Zombie

Turbo Everdrive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Everdrive    Turbo Everdrive  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 9:27 pm

Drakon wrote:
I'm pretty certain it has nothing to do with fear...
Fear was the wrong word to use. Reasonable caution would be a better term. If you see a sleeping Rottweiler and don't pee on its head, that doesn't necessarily mean you are afraid of the dog. You are just exercising good common sense by not doing that.

As far as the complexity goes, I know of at least one person intimately familiar with the Neo Geo hardware who thinks Krikzz could probably do it and that there must be some other reason. After all, there are people in China making bootleg carts with 2/3rds of the Neo Geo library on them out of recycled integrated circuits that are hand soldered in garages.

However, Razoola has released a way to play Neo Geo CD games off of a PC (even a tiny Raspberry Pi) through the original Neo Geo CD via the 3.2 Universe BIOS. There is no music though.

The Turbo Everdrive is my favorite flash device though. It is really incredible.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Turbo Everdrive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Everdrive    Turbo Everdrive  EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Electric Zombie wrote:
Drakon wrote:
I'm pretty certain it has nothing to do with fear...
Fear was the wrong word to use. Reasonable caution would be a better term. If you see a sleeping Rottweiler and don't pee on its head, that doesn't necessarily mean you are afraid of the dog. You are just exercising good common sense by not doing that.

As far as the complexity goes, I know of at least one person intimately familiar with the Neo Geo hardware who thinks Krikzz could probably do it and that there must be some other reason. After all, there are people in China making bootleg carts with 2/3rds of the Neo Geo library on them out of recycled integrated circuits that are hand soldered in garages.

However, Razoola has released a way to play Neo Geo CD games off of a PC (even a tiny Raspberry Pi) through the original Neo Geo CD via the 3.2 Universe BIOS. There is no music though.

The Turbo Everdrive is my favorite flash device though. It is really incredible.

Well I'm really not knowledgeable on the hardware.  I think krikzz is perfectly open to the idea of working with other talented people as shown by him getting the pcbs made and distributed for the sd2snes.  Every time I contact krikzz with a question or suggestion he replies and I really get a sense that he likes working with others.  In spite our differences of opinions krikzz never talks down to me and is always friendly enough to tell me if he thinks my idea is a good idea or stupid.

Whoever this guy is if he has the know-how I really think he should just contact krikzz directly and maybe they could work together to get that product made.  I would love for a mvs flash device to be made.  I already mentioned this to krikzz and his reply is it's too complicated.  I don't think krikzz is the sort of person who hides his reasons for doing or not doing things.

I find it strange you think the turbo everdrive to be the best.  Personally I'd love to see a version that includes the extra ram needed to recreate the arcade cards, and also have it load the rom into a ram chip instead of flash.

Currently my favourite flash device is the sd2snes, it's truly an all-out flash device that didn't seem to spare any expense.

Thanks to this conversation I started a new topic about favourite flash device(s) here:

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turbo Everdrive  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo Everdrive    Turbo Everdrive  Empty

Back to top Go down

Turbo Everdrive
Page 1 of 1