Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

List of favorite video game soundtracks

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:07 am

dkc I appreciate as much as the mortal kombat series. You'll never catch me playing it but I don't think they're terrible games. I find games like this focus more on how pretty it looks and sounds rather than how fun it is to play. Just like the mk games the dkc games were great fun when they were new but they don't share the same timelessnes as other games. I know a lot of people out there really love the music from dkc and I don't mind it but it never really stood out to me. It's not terrible at all, just not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:36 am

Yeah fair enough, I thought the same actually before I started going through it again, but after playing it the gameplay I think is still quite solid. I'm a fan of the mortal kombat series, mainly the 2nd one though, I enjoy the gameplay even though it seems they appeared to focus on graphics (that's very present in the original MK it plays quite terribly) the gameplay still comes through for me. But I understand and agree with what your saying, I don't appreciate games which focus more on graphics than gameplay as to me I don't care if a game looks rubbish as long as it plays well (Hence why I dislike most modern games).
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:42 am

I think graphics, sound, and gameplay should all be equally as important.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:25 pm

I think sound adds value but gameplay is the dominant factor. One of my favorite games for example is Scramble, sure the graphics aren't amazing nor is the sound but I love the gameplay, it's a game I come back to. On the other hand, if I play a game that has amazing sound and brilliant graphics but terrible gameplay I won't come back to it.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:06 pm

True now that I think of it I really like this japanese famicom game where you try to get five dots in a row. It has no music, boring graphics, boring sfx...but it's so fun to play with a friend
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:40 am

Yeah that's what it comes down to in a game - the gameplay. I know what you mean, a multiplayer game I enjoy which is very simple is blockade, I couldn't think of the name before but it came to me now. It is essentially snake but 2 players (with blocks cascaded together instead of a snake) where the player who survives the longest without crashing wins, simple but very effective.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:01 am

But I also know that a lot of games I personally enjoy that only have great gameplay and nothing else good aren't popular at all. So from a perspective of success I guess other stuff is equally as important. I also find myself gravitating more towards games that are good in every aspect.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:26 am

Yeah that is most definitely true, it is unfortunate that majority of people dislike games that only have great gameplay but that's how it is. Yeah I'm the same, games that are good in every aspect I find myself playing more often (for example Gunstar Heroes, I play that game every so often with friends for the entire experience - the graphics, the sound, and the gameplay it all works so damn well). I just believe that games with only great gameplay can be appreciated too.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Oh man gunstar heroes is so epic. Too bad gunstar heroes gives you unlimited lives clearing the game doesn't feel like anything special.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 10:25 pm

It really is an amazing game, that would definitely make the game better having finite lives I always like a game with finite lives because it does make you feel special on completion.

This soundtrack that I'm going to post samples of is simply incredible, this is also one of the most rare PCB's I have - Gaiapolis. It was only drawn to my attention recently that there was an NES release back in the day, but it would not compare to the arcade. It has some of the most beautiful graphics I've ever seen in a konami game, it is a konami hidden gem for sure.

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Wow the audio sounds just like a snes. I wonder if it used similar hardware. Also watching gameplay videos it looks like this hardware is a souped up snes which is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:22 pm

You know I was just thinking the same before, it really does sound like a snes! I never really thought about that before.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:38 am

I love this music from Darius Twin - classic snes music!

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am

Yeah the snes sound hardware is awesome. The early games sound classic and the later stuff made even better use of the chip getting some pretty cd quality stuff coming out of the system. People even debate that dracula x on the snes sound better than rondo of blood on the pc engine cd that uses cd audio (they both share the same soundtrack)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of favorite video game soundtracks   List of favorite video game soundtracks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

List of favorite video game soundtracks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2