Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Failmods! (beware)

Go down 
+2
bacteria
Drakon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Failmods! (beware) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Failmods! (beware)   Failmods! (beware) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 am

Transistors are great for small amps but big amps require the use of multiple transistors. You'll find there's a lot of IC chips out there that are just amp chips which have the same effect as a transistor amp. I mean it's the same thing as either building your own clock circuit out of a 2 pin crystal or just buying a 4 pin crystal oscillator that contains the entire clock circuit inside a metal can.

Lately I've been focusing on the software side of things and have taught myself how to hex edit rom files. Finding the data in a rom file that you want to change is a major @#^@#^#@^@&$ but if you can manage to find it you can do some pretty cool changes.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Failmods! (beware)   Failmods! (beware) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 pm

That's good, sounds like you have a good science teacher there.

Yeah that is right, most big amps use IC op-amp chips (where op-amps themselves are made out of several transistors) or chips containing several transistors in special configurations making use of transistors as active loads i.e. cascode amplifiers. I still think transistors are very important to know some things about if you have an interest in electronics.

I've briefly edited hex edited files before, it would be interesting to learn more about.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Failmods! (beware)   Failmods! (beware) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:16 pm

glenn101 wrote:
That's good, sounds like you have a good science teacher there.

Yeah that is right, most big amps use IC op-amp chips (where op-amps themselves are made out of several transistors) or chips containing several transistors in special configurations making use of transistors as active loads i.e. cascode amplifiers. I still think transistors are very important to know some things about if you have an interest in electronics.

I've briefly edited hex edited files before, it would be interesting to learn more about.

I just used a lot of google searching and found some tutorials and tools to use to help me hex edit things like colours. Hex editing programming is more difficult to do though. I also learned a lot about how cps1 hardware stores the pallette data for games. Now I can see the hex values and figure out how to adjust the rgb values myself without using a tool it's really not that difficult once you learn it.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Failmods! (beware)   Failmods! (beware) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:03 am

i did a lot of each, i got help from people on the forums, i google searched a ton, and my science teacher helped me a tad bit with the electrical side of everything
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Failmods! (beware)   Failmods! (beware) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:56 pm

The "true rgb screen" failmod

Failmods! (beware) - Page 2 Wtfrgbsscreen

from here:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22334

why this fails:

His screen has nothing around it, no way to carry it. The whole thing looks retarded. And also properly encoded s-video or component video look just as good as rgb on a crt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Failmods! (beware)   Failmods! (beware) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Failmods! (beware)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Modding Information And Tutorials :: Other Peoples Mods-
Jump to: