Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate NES 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

The ultimate NES 2 Empty
PostSubject: The ultimate NES 2   The ultimate NES 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:23 pm

The ultimate NES 2 Nesfromhellmodel1

The ultimate NES 2 Caseback

What's been done to this nes 2:

PPU desoldered and precision socket installed

RGB powerpak compatibility chip installed

CXA2075 kit with upgraded audio installed

Back plate swapped with the back plate from an av famicom

SNES multi av port installed

Default system audio circuit disconnected and rebuilt to av famicom standards to produce the proper audio quality with the kit (four resistor mod)

Powerpak has been modded to output extended audio on a pin that is on the cartridge connector

Kit has the powerpak audio pin wired in such a way that the powerpak sounds 95% like real hardware, all wired through the cartridge connector.

Famicom to nes adapter has a small 2 wire audio connector to plug in the extended audio from famicom carts. I had the audio path go into the cartridge connector but it interered with the powerpak so I had to create an external connector

Probably the two biggest breakthroughs was rebuilding the audio circuit to sound perfect with the kit audio circuit, as well as finding out how to mix in the powerpak extended audio into the circuit so it sounds almost identical to the real thing.

What's left to do:

Install and wire up a switch to switch between default and upgraded audio.

Put the case back on.

Also ignore the stereo headphone jack in the above picture that's an old case that I built the clean composite mod into. I've since purchased a replacement case with no holes in it (although I need to add a hole for the audio switch later).
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
WiiFitPlus

The ultimate NES 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate NES 2   The ultimate NES 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:03 am

Using the AV Famicom backplate makes it look 100% stock. Where do you put the on/off switch for the audio mod on your NES 2 systems?

Is the PowerPak audio mod hard to do? I don't mind opening my PowerPak up, to be honest!
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

The ultimate NES 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate NES 2   The ultimate NES 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:30 pm

OnyxDomain wrote:
Using the AV Famicom backplate makes it look 100% stock. Where do you put the on/off switch for the audio mod on your NES 2 systems?

Is the PowerPak audio mod hard to do? I don't mind opening my PowerPak up, to be honest!

I havn't found a place to install the audio switch it depends which switch I'll wind up using. The audio mod isn't too hard to do I just did this one here:

http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=7880

It's very important that you only bridge these two pins any other pins will cause issues either with the system or with your powerpak.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

The ultimate NES 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate NES 2   The ultimate NES 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate NES 2
Page 1 of 1