Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arseen

Arseen

Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 Empty
PostSubject: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 8:31 am

I was reading (and posting on) this old topic on (I think) previous place of this site: http://consolemods.freeforums.org/post817.html#p817

Anyway are these games still made?

I mean overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Arseen wrote:
I was reading (and posting on) this old topic on (I think) previous place of this site: http://consolemods.freeforums.org/post817.html#p817

Yes I still make them:

https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/t44-drakon-s-modding-service-price-guide
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Drakon wrote:
Arseen wrote:

Yes I still make them:

https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/t44-drakon-s-modding-service-price-guide

Good! Very Happy

I just bought copies Doom and Winter Gold.
I'll contact you again when they arrive.

Just 3 questions:

1: Are these overclocked versions still playable or does the gamespeed go to ridiculous?
2: Does the Winter Gold Starfox 2 work in US SNES? Not really problem as I have internationalized SNES, just curious.
3: You wouldn't have 2 empty FX SNES cart shells, So I could get both of them as normal gray US carts.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Arseen wrote:

Good! Very Happy

I just bought copies Doom and Winter Gold.
I'll contact you again when they arrive.

Just 3 questions:

1: Are these overclocked versions still playable or does the gamespeed go to ridiculous?
2: Does the Winter Gold Starfox 2 work in US SNES? Not really problem as I have internationalized SNES, just curious.
3: You wouldn't have 2 empty FX SNES cart shells, So I could get both of them as normal gray US carts.

1: They're still playable but you need to get used to the new speed. I cleared starfox 1 at 45 mhz on route 3 without a single death so it's perfectly possible. 45 mhz is over twice the default speed.

2: Winter gold I can solder in a ntsc region chip in the cart but that'll cost extra.

3: I don't think I have spare shells but if you want to buy some cheap games you can mail me them and I'll take out the pcb and use those shells

Also I found a guy who printed me some amazing label stickers and I can bug him and see if he can print some labels for your carts when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 6:36 am

Drakon wrote:

1: They're still playable but you need to get used to the new speed. I cleared starfox 1 at 45 mhz on route 3 without a single death so it's perfectly possible. 45 mhz is over twice the default speed.

2: Winter gold I can solder in a ntsc region chip in the cart but that'll cost extra.

3: I don't think I have spare shells but if you want to buy some cheap games you can mail me them and I'll take out the pcb and use those shells

Also I found a guy who printed me some amazing label stickers and I can bug him and see if he can print some labels for your carts when the time comes.

1: Reading the older topic, you said you experimented with other speeds. Do you still do them too? something at 1.5x speed. Or is unoverclocked Starfox 2 (with just FX2 chip) allready pretty much 1.5x speed compared to just cart with FX1 (Stunt Race)?
Soon I'll end up buying 4 carts.... doh

2: I'll have think about that. About how much extra?

3: OK, I'll see if I have some busted Super FX games or if I can locate few of them. Or maybe just custom paint job.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:10 am

I can do any speed you want as long as it's not too fast. Starfox 1 the top speed is 45 mhz starfox 2 the top speed is 32 mhz. Swapping the lockout chip to ntsc is a pain because you need to swap the chip from a ntsc superfx game so it'll cost 30$. You can use the cases from any game it doesn't have to be superfx. I talked to my label guy and he can print custom labels and he can even make boxes.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 am

OK.

I'll contact you when the donors arrive.

I'll read the older topic and think about the speeds.
I want smooth and fast but nothing rediculous.

Thank you for the answers.

And sure I'll order the labels, maybe boxes too.
I'll have to think about the naming I want.

I already have Normal Starfox 2, and should be getting Doom edition (Actually Winter Gold edition so the times/scores are saved.

So that would alöready make 3 or 4 Starfox 2s, naming them maybe.
- Starfox 2 (normal)
- Starfox 2+ (non overclocked Winter Gold edition).
- Starfox 2 Overdrive (something in between above and below ones).
- Starfox 2 Hyperspeed (Overclocked Winter Gold edition @ 33 mhz).

Any point in the Overdrive version or would the speed steps be insignificant?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:02 am

I wouldn't bother with overdrive 32 mhz feels like a normal speed. Honestly you can get used to the faster speeds to me 45 mhz starfox 1 feels normal now.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:11 am

OK.
So let's skip the Overdrive version.

How about any advance in doing some sort of middle ground version between Normal Starfox and 45MHz Overclocked version?
I mean smoother running than the original but not rediculous fast.
Something like the StarFox 2+ is.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:43 pm

I can build whatever speed you want, if I don't have that speed crystal oscillator you can buy them and mail them to me. The first batch of overclocked starfox 1s I shipped out at I think 41 mhz because I didn't have time to test them at 45 mhz. Then I completely forgot that they could run fine at 45 mhz until many months later when I took a second look at it. I've done the testing now and truthfully nothing feels more fun than playing starfox at 45 mhz, but if you want slower I can do that.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:44 am

OK.

I'll order just the "normal" overclocked versions of Starfox and Starfox 2.

If they feel too ridiculous I'll order more moderate versions later.

I'll contqact you when the donors arrive, might take 2 weeks.

Bye until then.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:43 am

Arseen wrote:
OK.

I'll order just the "normal" overclocked versions of Starfox and Starfox 2.

If they feel too ridiculous I'll order more moderate versions later.

I'll contqact you when the donors arrive, might take 2 weeks.

Bye until then.

Sure thing.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:38 am

OK recieved copies of Doom and Winter Gold. Where do I ship them?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:37 am

Arseen wrote:
OK recieved copies of Doom and Winter Gold. Where do I ship them?

Sending you details by pm.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:53 pm

I finally sent the games today.

Post here or PM when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Arseen wrote:

God I have so many people sending me crap. I got a doom cart from someone and I honestly forget who sent it to me haha.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Drakon wrote:
Arseen wrote:

God I have so many people sending me crap. I got a doom cart from someone and I honestly forget who sent it to me haha.

My games come in envelope that has my name on and in it! tongue
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:19 pm

Arseen wrote:
Drakon wrote:
Arseen wrote:

My games come in envelope that has my name on and in it! tongue

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 2:02 pm

Any sighting of the gemes?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:39 am

Arseen wrote:

Yes they're here. I'm moving in the end of october so right now projects are on on semi hold. I'll work on stuff if I can find the time.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:47 am

Drakon wrote:
Arseen wrote:

Yes they're here. I'm moving in the end of october so right now projects are on on semi hold. I'll work on stuff if I can find the time.

Good, good.
Just wanted to know if the arrived safely, as I used the absolutely cheapest postage, which you can see was next to nothing.
Actually it would have costed about the same to ship them inside Finland.

If I could get them by Christmas it would be nice, but if not I understand.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:19 am

Arseen wrote:
Drakon wrote:
Arseen wrote:

Good, good.
Just wanted to know if the arrived safely, as I used the absolutely cheapest postage, which you can see was next to nothing.

If I could get them by Christmas it would be nice, but if not I understand.

I honestly have no idea how long it's going to take because I have a bunch of other consoles to build before I can start on yours. I have a big backlog of hardware to mod for other people first. I'm a one man team and if you want speedy service you'd have to pay 3x-4x the amount I ask to make it worth my time. I will always reply quickly and keep you up to date but I have no clue when I'll be able to build these.
Back to top Go down
ProD1gy84

ProD1gy84

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:24 am

Arseen wrote:

Good, good.
The shipping costs in Finland is a joke. Thats why Im avoiding to buy stuff here and order from UK or DE instead.
Back to top Go down
Arseen

Arseen

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 pm

ProD1gy84 wrote:
Arseen wrote:

Good, good.
The shipping costs in Finland is a joke. Thats why Im avoiding to buy stuff here and order from UK or DE instead.

Second class Maxi Letter is not that bad.
Funny thing is that the cost was about the same to US.
I think I paid just over 3 Euros for 2 loose carts.

I also buy from Japan alot.

Mistä päin nää oot?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Oh yeah I buy from japan like mad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2   Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overclocked Starfox and Starfox 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next