Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Skin tag home removal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Skin tag home removal Empty
PostSubject: Skin tag home removal   Skin tag home removal EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:22 pm

I'm wearing shorts today since it's nice and warm. I looked down on my leg and discovered a skin tag. I googled skin tags and the possibility of removing them yourself. After a lot of reading I felt confident I could handle the job. Here's what you need:

1: A well frozen ice pack

2: Small precision clean scissors. I used beard trimming scissors which are almost brand new and super clean.

3: Tweezers.

4: A box full of bandaids. Be prepared to use more than one bandaid, larger ones are a good idea.

5: A high pain threshold.

6: Balls of steel!

Okay so this's my first time performing self surgery although I've done dental work to myself a couple of times with great success. Here's what I did

Step 1: Make sure, double, triple, quadruple check that your small scissors are clean.

Step 2: Put the very frozen ice pack where the skin tag is. If your body starts to hurt from it being cold that's good, the colder the better, you want it numb as possible. The more numb your surgery area is the less it will hurt and bleed during the procedure.

Step 3: Once your body area is all numb use the tweezers to pull the skin tag away from your body so you can make the cleanest cut possible.

Step 4: Cut the skin tag off. I found that the slower I did it the better. If I went quickly it would hurt more so I took my sweet time and it was fairly painless.

Step 5: Make sure the area where the skin tag was removed from is clean.

Step 6: Cover the area in bandaids.

Here's some fun pictures!

Skin tag home removal ASnP8Wr

Skin tag home removal Ci0MVJq

Skin tag home removal XyCfpJu

Skin tag home removal R5a91oe

If you don't feel comfortable or are unsure that you can do this safely then please don't! There's plenty of dermatologists out there who can help you remove your ugly skin tag for a price.

Most of the pain I feel is actually after it's removed and the coolness of the ice pack has worn off. Just as long as you cut super slowly it's really not so painful.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
MaxWar

MaxWar

PostSubject: Re: Skin tag home removal   Skin tag home removal EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:56 pm

My father used some string to make a noose around his skin tag and cut its blood supply, didnt work so well and ended up cutting it with a razor blade. Hahaha.

On a related note, here is my tutorial for home removal of plantar warts.

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Skin tag home removal   Skin tag home removal EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:10 pm

I figured freezing it and cutting off a numb thing would work, which it did. It soaked two layered bandaids full of blood but now all is good.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skin tag home removal   Skin tag home removal Empty

Back to top Go down

Skin tag home removal
Page 1 of 1