Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ninja Warriors for the SNES

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Ninja Warriors for the SNES Empty
PostSubject: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Seriously this game's amazing. All your attacks look so cool and the music's pretty great. What I love is your moves and the bosses are so wicked. During the stages you have some pretty awesome enemies and obstacles. Here's a gameplay video:

This game's so much fun..

Last edited by Drakon on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Wow, that looks awesome - similar play style to power rangers on the snes which is a great thing. I'll keep an eye out for this one on ebay, thanks for sharing it. I remember it for arcade with the 3 screens - that was insane.

I'm surprised that more games didn't adopt this variant of the beat 'em up which started with Kung Fu Master.

I only recently played another game similar to this which was an amazing game from start to finish, and that is batman for the sega genesis.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:57 pm

glenn101 wrote:
Wow, that looks awesome - similar play style to power rangers on the snes which is a great thing. I'll keep an eye out for this one on ebay, thanks for sharing it. I remember it for arcade with the 3 screens - that was insane.

I'm surprised that more games didn't adopt this variant of the beat 'em up which started with Kung Fu Master.

I only recently played another game similar to this which was an amazing game from start to finish, and that is batman for the sega genesis.

If you like this sort of game and a batman theme I DEFINITELY recommend batman return of the joker for the nes. Batman's pretty weak (but I believe you get unlimited lives) but it's still an awesome game. I think ninja warriors also has unlimited lives.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:06 am

Thanks for the recommendation, I've heard of it. Looks like a great game, I like Sunsoft's games. I'll be sure to be on the look out for it.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 am

glenn101 wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation, I've heard of it. Looks like a great game, I like Sunsoft's games. I'll be sure to be on the look out for it.

Yeah sunsoft and irem are the two nobody's ever heard of companies that I collect games from. I love my waku waku 7 mvs cart. And I would have bought trip world if it weren't so darn expensive for just a gb game..
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:27 am

Yeah that is quite unfortunate that they are not well known for what they did, both developers made excellent games. Another team which really deserves more praise - for their arcade games - are Data East. I love their games, most of them are so unique with memorable soundtracks. Thunderzone is probably the most unappreciated title by them which I happen to have the PCB for, it has such impressive music and excellent gameplay.
Back to top Go down
thenewone

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:16 am

I have the box game and manual.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 am

thenewone wrote:
I have the box game and manual.

Very awesome! I'm proud enough just owning the darn cart cool
Back to top Go down
thenewone

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:56 am

I just dont understand why its so much? Its a very good game.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:43 am

thenewone wrote:
I just dont understand why its so much? Its a very good game.

When it was new nobody bought it so there's barely any copies floating around. Same reason why anything is expensive...
Back to top Go down
thenewone

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Oh did not realize that and yeah something things go to crazy.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:34 am

Okay I played the entire game and made it to the final boss here's my thoughts.

1: The bosses are AWESOME

2: All of your moves are AWESOME

It reminds me a bit of contra where they're really trying to push the capabilities of the snes (except this game came out 2 or so years after contra). I absolutely love the theme they have. Also all of the bosses are just brilliant. There's a guy who disappears predator style, there's a guy who comes at you with a huge chainsaw, there's the guy with no shirt and ripped pants who does energy attacks, there's even a guy in a suite who can summon this awesome light beam of death. I find myself constantly wanting to come back to this game because of just how cool it is. Really the only thing that's soso in the game is the music, the music isn't terrible it's just soso (contra has better music, but ninja warriors has cooler bosses and boss intros)
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Ah man I love a game with awesome bosses and when your character has awesome moves. I definitely have to get a copy of this game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninja Warriors for the SNES   Ninja Warriors for the SNES Empty

Back to top Go down

Ninja Warriors for the SNES
Page 1 of 1