Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MaxWar

MaxWar

Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.  Empty
PostSubject: Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.    Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.  EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:30 am

The other day I was somewhere else and wanted to check the forum and realized it's almost impossible to find in google.

I tried searching 16 bit gamer and 16bitgamer, did not work.

I then logged to my email and got the link from subscription notice and then tried searching directly some thread titles from here in google.
Once again did not work. I was getting totally unrelated shits and never a link to the forum here which seems pretty weird.

I wonder how people actually find this forum without direct links then, its like the search engine is bypassing it.
Getting the forum to hit properly in google certainly should help increasing visibility and traffic.

First thing I notice that might be improved is main page title: " Free forum: Console mods"
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.    Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.  EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 7:36 pm

My youtube videos in the descriptions I sometimes put links to threads discussing the mod(s) that lead to the finished product you see in the video. Can you please elaborate what you mean by "First thing I notice that might be improved is main page title: " Free forum: Console mods""? This forum is 16 bit gamer, console mods is my way out of date older forum.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
MaxWar

MaxWar

PostSubject: Re: Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.    Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.  EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Here Just took a screenshot. Look at the top left corner. This is the Page title. This is one of the main thing Google uses for search results.
If it said "16 bit gamer" instead of Console mod, probably the forum could at least be searched in google by its actual name.
I tried searching Free Forum: Console mods , and the result is actually your old defunct forum, not even the new one.

Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.  Fl618K2
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.    Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.  EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Weirdness, thanks for pointing that out. When I first registered this forum it was called "console mods" then I changed the name. I don't know if I have enough control to change the title.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.    Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum doesn't seem to hit in google.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussions-
Jump to: