Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

super Game Joy advance ??!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mvsfan

super Game Joy advance ??!!  Empty
PostSubject: super Game Joy advance ??!!    super Game Joy advance ??!!  EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:16 am

anyone have any experience with this thing? does it work good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GBA-to-SNES-Super-Famicom-Adapter-Super-Game-Boy-Advance-/111207200120?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e4773578
Back to top Go down
MaxWar

MaxWar

PostSubject: Re: super Game Joy advance ??!!    super Game Joy advance ??!!  EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 3:38 am

This thing is flaming awesome dude, seriously.

Despite being limited to composite, It still beats the GameCube GB player.

I made many mods for it.
Most important are the sound fixes. https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/t337-modding-the-tototek-gamejoy-gba-snes-ad-adapter

I also modded my SNES to not need a second cable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCMgCvFKj_Q

Edit: If you want to buy this, you might save a few bucks by ordering it straight from TotoTek

Also note: I will be buying a Retro Trio and the Retro-Bit version of this once it is out. I suspect it is the same thing but want to know for sure, and also want to see how it performs on the clone console it was "made" to be used with.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: super Game Joy advance ??!!    super Game Joy advance ??!!  EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 4:22 am

good to know. With all the stuff you did to this thing mabeye you could figure out how to restore hard reset on a jvc x eye.

ive been looking for a schematic of it to compare to a genesis 2 but havent found any.

Hopefully one of the other gba adapters that arent out yet will be moddable for s-video or rgb.

then again dot crawl is not nearly as bad on the snes as it is on the nes. the nes is awful on composite.

Btw with all of the info on this game boy adapter i havent found anything on wether or not it plays original and gbc games.

does it?
Back to top Go down
Grambo

Grambo

PostSubject: Re: super Game Joy advance ??!!    super Game Joy advance ??!!  EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:14 am

Unfortunately, it doesn't play GB/GBC games. I'm with MaxWar though, the adapter is good and the composite is about as good as you can expect from composite. I too prefer it over my GameBoy Player; I just need a GBC solution now, so I can get rid of my dependence of the GameCube.
Back to top Go down
MaxWar

MaxWar

PostSubject: Re: super Game Joy advance ??!!    super Game Joy advance ??!!  EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

@MvsFan, no worry, you do not have the horrible dot crawl of the NES on this adapter. It is even better than the SNES in that regard.

And yes, all we really need now is a GBC solution that does as nice a full screen scaling as this :p
Despite being emulation, I am still considering the Retron 5 as a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: super Game Joy advance ??!!    super Game Joy advance ??!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

super Game Joy advance ??!!
Page 1 of 1