Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AlecRob
AlecRob

Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis Empty
PostSubject: Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis   Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 7:53 pm

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?26568-Introducing-the-Mega-Amp-The-universal-Genesis-audio-circuit&p=630075#post630075

applaud 

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis   Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:04 pm

Thanks a lot for posting this! Ace is great at tweaking audio circuits he's helped me with a lot of analog audio projects.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis   Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 9:00 pm

this circuit is far simpler and more efficient than CCAM. it'll catch on fast.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis   Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 5:37 pm

AlecRob wrote:
this circuit is far simpler and more efficient than CCAM. it'll catch on fast.

If its a lot louder than the ccam it will catch on VERY quick.

So when can we expect some pcbs to show up?
Back to top Go down
MaxWar

MaxWar

PostSubject: Re: Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis   Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:50 pm

I recently purchased all the parts to build this, will report back when I get to do it. I also have a custom PC to build so will need to get through that first.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: mega amp   Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 am

Helder over on the sega-16 forums is now selling Mega-Amp Pcbs. I already have one and will be hooking it up soon.

And they are really compact too about 2" x 2.5"

The mega amp PCB just got installed and it rocks. It sounds better than ace's samples. ALSO - It installs exactly the same as the CCAM. so if you already have a ccam it just drops right in you dont have to change anything In the VA7.

On the model 2 Genesis' you have to reconnect 1 trace that was cut when installing the CCAM.

Ace and Villahed did a great job with this.

I got the filtered version and it sounds like an HDG model 1 without the clipping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis   Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis Empty

Back to top Go down

Mega Amp: A new audio mod for genesis
Page 1 of 1