Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Empty
PostSubject: Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak   Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am

Lately I pulled my sharp twin famicom out of the storage box. I'm on a mission to do every upgrade on this machine that I did to my av famicom. Since these machines are expensive (more expensive than the av famicom) I'm going to add all the upgrades without cutting any holes into the case (so everything is reversable). Yesterday I wired up rgb and s-video with the cxa2075 av famicom kit and they both work perfectly. There's this little unused port on the side that's exactly the same size as a multi av port. I'm going to desolder this unused port and stick in a multi av port. I already desoldered the massive connector that used to output rf video and stuck a s-video head where it used to be. The reason why this project was put on hold for a while was because the layout of hte pcb had the rgb / s-video kit go directly over top of the cartridge slot. However I've since learned how to install the rgb chip in the ppu socket and wire up the kit externally so I'm back in business with fitting eveyrthing under the hood of the twin famicom. I'd take pictures....but I'm currently using the backup camera which is huge and annoying so I'll just wait for the replacement camera that I bought to show up.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak   Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Crouchingtigerhiddenkit

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Pcbinserted

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Svideojack

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Multiavport

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Mario2twin

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Cartfront

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Fdsfront

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Fdsworkingaway

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Powerpakback

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Powerpakfront
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak   Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 pm

I did the following:

Removed the db15 expansion port from the system that's very uncommon.

Wired up a standard store bought db15

Mounted the new db15 so it fits perfectly in the case.

Built a standard db15 to p1 and p2 nes controller ports adapter.

Here's the pics:

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Nesdb15

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Nesdb152

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Itworks_1

When I get time I'll build the controller port adapter into a project box. I'll also build another adapter from the standard db15 to the famicom db15 that I harvested from the console.....incase I ever feel like buying a famicom addon device.

I also bought the switch I'll need to wire up to be able to switch between the original audio circuit and my super circuit. I'll probably desolder the composite video rca jack and install the switch in its place.
Back to top Go down
glenn101
glenn101

PostSubject: Re: Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak   Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:39 am

Great work Drakon! You really are awesome at this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak   Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:28 am

glenn101 wrote:
Great work Drakon! You really are awesome at this stuff.

Thanks. This's a lot of custom work involved which is why I left this sytem alone for such a long time.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak   Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Audio wiring is 100% finished. The internals of this machine are 100% done now:

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Twinaudiowiring

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Twinaudioswitch

Unfortunately if I wire both the default system audio out and the kit audio out into the same connection the default audio out doesn't work. So when I switch between the two I need to move the rca audio cord to the back of the system. It's a minor annoyance but it's better than having to install another switch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak   Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharp Twin Famicom with rgb, s-video, audio, powerpak
Page 1 of 1