Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

nes clone consoles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Conker

Conker

nes clone consoles  Empty
PostSubject: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:18 pm

for my portable nintendo i did quite a lot of research because there was no way i was getting rid of my childhood favorite Evil or Very Mad so i decided to keep more regular nintendo and look into clone hardware. i found quite a few different clone consoles out there but im only going to share with you my experiences and my favorite clone consoles for the original Nintendo Entertainment System. NOTE: im not posting anything like the retro duo or retron 3. yes i know they have nes but im doing strictly nes only.

first up we have the Retron1
nes clone consoles  51faVfECGOL._SL500_AA300_
its the one i decided to use for my nes portable because i found it the least glitchy and it plays most of the original games (all clones have issues with certain carts because of some odd reason or another. ask anyone else but my why)
second i liked but couldnt quite keep my heart with is the Yobo FC
nes clone consoles  Yobo3
i loved the gameplay for some titles but then it went off and died after about a week. i bought 3 consoles total and every single time at about a week it would burn out. very cheap to buy. but i think it costs less to make Neutral

and last but not least... nes on a chip cartridge mod
nes clone consoles  Medium_2433880986_6ab367c8a4_o
i got one just for the fun of it but i would never use it as a portable. its really really neat but it seriously doesnt play half of the nintendo games. there also really hard to find and you have to search forever to find someone who sells them.

there you have it.

straight nes console clones
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:36 am

I thought all the cheap clones above used the same noac hardware. Oh well. Anyway thanks for posting. And your "childhood favourite" your childhood isn't even over yet laughing
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:39 am

it actually pretty much is. i cant explain it but pretty much all thats left of my child hood is sports.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 am

Modding-Halfling wrote:
it actually pretty much is. i cant explain it but pretty much all thats left of my child hood is sports.

wait until you hit my age. Then you'll say it's over cry ....ahh who am I kidding mine was over long ago. But adulthood is so fun...
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 am

im sensing immense amounts of sarcasm in that Wink
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:18 am

Modding-Halfling wrote:
im sensing immense amounts of sarcasm in that Wink

eh? which part?
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:20 am

Drakon wrote:
Modding-Halfling wrote:
But adulthood is so fun...
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:34 am

I was serious adulthood IS fun. I don't know about you but my mom is OCD so once I got to move out it felt like a breath of fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 am

my mom is a dispatcher for the police and HOLY CRAP its like theres a new rule of the house (or as my mom calls it laws of the mom force...oh my god...) every five minutes! on top of school sports and my mom its surprising i get any modding in!
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:46 am

Modding-Halfling wrote:
my mom is a dispatcher for the police and HOLY CRAP its like theres a new rule of the house (or as my mom calls it laws of the mom force...oh my god...) every five minutes! on top of school sports and my mom its surprising i get any modding in!

Well I was a bit of a renegade kid. I didn't smoke or drink or do drugs or get into trouble but my mom didn't support my doing my hobbies so I just ignored her and did them anyway. By the time I was 15 I was spending weeks and even months living at friends houses just to be able to get away and do my own thing. My mom would freak out telling me to come home. And when I was at home I learned to live in my room and barely come out since this was the only way I'd be allowed to be myself and do the stuff I enjoyed doing. I'd constantly get complaints about me never spending time with the family but they would constantly tell me that all the things I enjoyed doing were a great waste of time just becuase I couldn't use them to get a job later in life. I was always the black sheep of the family just because I considered my personal persuits above getting a good career. Still taking my path has proven to be difficult as I've never had any real amount of money and it's difficult for me to find secure jobs that won't disappear eventually.

Also my mom kind of forced me to move out but let my sisters continue living at home just because they did all the schooling and things that my mom wanted them to do.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Well that's what I do. I keep away from my family because in my opinion they're all hillbillies. Growing up I've found that I get less attention by being secluded all the time. I like what I do because I got all of my fun from games as Aaron young child.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Well my one sister later in life learned to appreciate and play a LOT of great classic snes rpgs. The disappointing thing is that she played them with no sound.. My parents were always obsessed with me having success in life so to them video games were just something keeping me away from making lots of money.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:33 pm

well im not worried about money. farming is good money making. but my modding is more important to me because its literally all i ever have to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:27 am

Modding-Halfling wrote:
well im not worried about money. farming is good money making. but my modding is more important to me because its literally all i ever have to look forward to.

Yeah well that's what I mean. Choosing between spending your life making money but not having fun or doing what you do enjoy but not making a lot of money. It's a tough decision sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Yea... I'll see when I Get there
Back to top Go down
Electric Zombie

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 1:21 am

Awhile back I confirmed that at least one model of the Yobo FC was internally identical to at least one model of the Retron 1.

The reason the Retron 1 / Yobo FC dies so easily is that it has a cheap voltage regulator with no heat sink. The wires connecting the PCBs are also not soldered well. However, mine died because the voltage regulator burned up. The AC adapter also doesn't have enough amps.

My Retron 1 has the following:
* New voltage regulator
* Chip added to support Castlevania 3 (may also support a few other games)
* Resistor to correct sound
* Modification to support Famicom expansion sound
* New LED
* RF shielding
* Re-soldered several connections

I'm pretty happy with it.

To correct the color I just have to change the tint on the TV by a quarter.

It is cheap, but with a little work it is a nice alternative to the original hardware.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 1:50 am

Electric Zombie wrote:
Awhile back I confirmed that at least one model of the Yobo FC was internally identical to at least one model of the Retron 1.

The reason the Retron 1 / Yobo FC dies so easily is that it has a cheap voltage regulator with no heat sink. The wires connecting the PCBs are also not soldered well. However, mine died because the voltage regulator burned up. The AC adapter also doesn't have enough amps.

My Retron 1 has the following:
* New voltage regulator
* Chip added to support Castlevania 3 (may also support a few other games)
* Resistor to correct sound
* Modification to support Famicom expansion sound
* New LED
* RF shielding
* Re-soldered several connections

I'm pretty happy with it.

To correct the color I just have to change the tint on the TV by a quarter.

It is cheap, but with a little work it is a nice alternative to the original hardware.

That's good info. You would probably get along with my buddy ace he's really into clone hardware.
Back to top Go down
Electric Zombie

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:59 am

Drakon wrote:
That's good info.  You would probably get along with my buddy ace he's really into clone hardware.

LOL. He's the one who showed me how to do all that!
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 10:57 am

Electric Zombie wrote:
Drakon wrote:
That's good info.  You would probably get along with my buddy ace he's really into clone hardware.

LOL. He's the one who showed me how to do all that!

Well there you go. Whenever I ask him what's going on most of the time his answer has something to do with clone consoles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nes clone consoles    nes clone consoles  Empty

Back to top Go down

nes clone consoles
Page 1 of 1