Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Viletim's NESRGB

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mvsfan

Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:29 am

Open for orders:

http://etim.net.au/nesrgb/[/quote]I just threw some money at Tim. Smile

I bought the nesrgb as well as the top loader adapter. Im still not sure wether i want to put this in a toaster or a toploader. I may just sell the toploader.

bram stoker does this on rgb when you pass a certain part in the first stage.

Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 DTaIzGB

Id like to just give you a cap of that exact part but i sold my ppu!

Also - that toploader i got came with a bunch of games, power supply and a dogbone.

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Like I said it ran fine, my screen wasn't blue.  Once again, this isn't a rgb ppu chip. I didn't play through all of stage 1, I need to clear the entire first stage?
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:25 pm

No, you dont have to play through the first stage. its working! thanks, drakon.

Btw, thanks for the heads up on when he was going to take orders.

I got the nesrgb, the scart cable and the top load adapter.

are these ready to ship out or are they still being updated to implement greyscale?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 pm

mvsfan wrote:

are these ready to ship out or are they still being updated to implement greyscale?
I believe grayscale is included now.  He's working hard to meet deadlines.  I really doubt Tim would mail them out without the update.

*edit*

Just so people know I recommend not installing the pallette selecting switch into anything but the toaster.  The composite pallette looks perfect, the other pallettes are much worse looking and the switch is huge and would be a sin to drill holes into the case of anything but a toaster nes:

Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 SOKkzTh

For anything without a switch I'll install the kit with it set to the original composite pallette.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:28 am

[quote="Drakon"]
mvsfan wrote:

I believe grayscale is included now.  He's working hard to meet deadlines.  I really doubt Tim would mail them out without the update.

I dont think he would mail them out without the update, i was just wondering if they will ship right away or if there would be a slight delay for updating them.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:19 am

mvsfan wrote:
I dont think he would mail them out without the update, i was just wondering if they will ship right away or if there would be a slight delay for updating them.
That I can't tell you, just send him an e-mail.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:14 pm

New pallette switch idea, the three way toggle:

Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 Ua2ILhN

Much easier to install than a stupid slider switch, ordered some will find out when they show up if it works. Grabbed some on/on/on switches.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:03 pm

Drakon wrote:
New pallette switch idea, the three way toggle:

Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 Ua2ILhN

Much easier to install than a stupid slider switch, ordered some will find out when they show up if it works. Grabbed some on/on/on switches.
I love the idea. slide switches are a pain.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Yeah toggles are much easier to install, just a round hole with my drillbit.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:37 am

Drakon wrote:
Yup. Its nice. I just ordered some too.

can you switch palettes with the nes on or do you have to shut it off first?

The on on on switches should work fine if you jump all 3 legs on one side as a ground and hook the 3 palette wires to the other side.

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 am

mvsfan wrote:
Drakon wrote:
Yup. Its nice. I just ordered some too.

can you switch palettes with the nes on or do you have to shut it off first?

The on on on switches should work fine if you jump all 3 legs on one side as a ground and hook the 3 palette wires to the other side.

Thanks if you have the time please make a wiring schematic picture.  Viletim posted that real time pallette switching works.

Last edited by Drakon on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grambo

Grambo

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:25 am

mvsfan wrote:

Depends on the switch.
That's not how any on/on/on switch I've ever worked with works.

Find out what type of switch you have and then use this:
Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 C&k7211_3way
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:31 am

Grambo wrote:
mvsfan wrote:

Depends on the switch.

Thanks.  Once the switches come I plan on probing which pins connect to which in all three states to determine how I'll wire it.  Looking at this schematic I'm still trying to think of how the wiring would work.

What I'm thinking is ground connects to pin 5.  Pin 4 is jumped to pin 2.  State 1 connects to pin 6, state 2 connects to pin 3, and state 3 connects to pin 1, jelly?

Like so:

Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 39WGxSB

Viletim also just got back to me via e-mail and he really likes my on/on/on toggle switch idea.  I'm very glad I found a way to potentially make the installation even easier.  Personally I can't wait until every nes, famicom and famiclone that uses the standard famicom ppu have one of these amazing kits.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 10:57 am

[quote="Drakon"]
Grambo wrote:
mvsfan wrote:

Depends on the switch.

Thanks.  Once the switches come I plan on probing which pins connect to which in all three states to determine how I'll wire it.  Looking at this schematic I'm still trying to think of how the wiring would work.

I was thinking that they were 3 seperate inputs and outputs. Your diagram is nothing like that, Grambo.

i guess when i get my switch ill stick a multimeter on it.

Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:06 am

Personally I can't wait until every nes, famicom and famiclone that uses the standard famicom ppu have one of these amazing kits.[/quote]
in a way im happy to see this kit come out because the playchoice systems wont get taken apart anymore. Not only that but the playchoice ppu will basically become available again at realistic prices for arcade restoration.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:35 am

mvsfan wrote:
in a way im happy to see this kit come out because the playchoice systems wont get taken apart anymore. Not only that but the playchoice ppu will basically become available again at realistic prices for arcade restoration.
You know it's very possible to drop the nesrgb kit into a playchoice pcb. You can have the rgb pallette with zero distortion and the video output will be un-inverted if you bypass the playchoice pcb video amp.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 am

Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
You know it's very possible to drop the nesrgb kit into a playchoice pcb. You can have the rgb pallette with zero distortion and the video output will be un-inverted if you bypass the playchoice pcb video amp.

yeah i know this can be put in a playchoice. the rgb ppu will probably end up being less expensive than the kit though.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 am

mvsfan wrote:
Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
You know it's very possible to drop the nesrgb kit into a playchoice pcb.  You can have the rgb pallette with zero distortion and the video output will be un-inverted if you bypass the playchoice pcb video amp.
yeah i know this can be put in a playchoice. the rgb ppu will probably end up being less expensive than the kit though.
Yeah, but the kit will output video that's free of interference, and if you wire it correctly the picture won't be inverted like the default circuit. Even in the playchoice this kit would be an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:17 am

Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:42 am

well now ill have a picture as good as this one on my nes. If only i was as good at megaman.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:00 pm

mvsfan wrote:
well now ill have a picture as good as this one on my nes. If only i was as good at megaman.
It'll be even better because there's no jailbars or interference.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
True but you cant argue with price. i just watched a playchoice ppu go for $84.08 on ebay.

that was unheard of just a month ago. pretty soon people will be selling them for metals scrap.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:11 pm

mvsfan wrote:
Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
True but you cant argue with price. i just watched a playchoice ppu go for $84.08 on ebay.

that was unheard of just a month ago. pretty soon people will be selling them for metals scrap.
Smeh, I'm glad.  I want more money forwarded to viletim so he can afford to spend more time making more amazing products like this. I'm tempted to dedicate a thread to awesome engineers like viletim, krikzz, tiido, duodream, the no$cash dude, the author of the bgb emulator, spikeman, gideon zhi, the guy who made the superfx multicart, i_oliveira, chilly willy, etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:

Smeh, I'm glad. I want more money forwarded to viletim so he can afford to spend more time making more amazing products like this.
thats very true too. I cant wait to see what he makes next.

I wonder how many nesrgbs were sold in the first batch.

Its a great thing to no longer have to hunt for an rgb ppu and deal with the quirks of it.

Btw that nes in your playthrough video Sounds awesome. Is that the audio circuit on the nes rgb or is that famicom expansion audio or both?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:13 pm

mvsfan wrote:
Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:

Smeh, I'm glad.  I want more money forwarded to viletim so he can afford to spend more time making more amazing products like this.
thats very true too. I cant wait to see what he makes next.

I wonder how many nesrgbs were sold in the first batch.

Its a great thing to no longer have to hunt for an rgb ppu and deal with the quirks of it.

Btw that nes in your playthrough video Sounds awesome. Is that the audio circuit on the nes rgb or is that famicom expansion audio or both?
You mean minus infinity?  That's a twin famicom with the low pass filter cap removed:

https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/t336-famicom-audio-fixes

I never bothered with the nesrgb audio circuit since I've already found fixes for the on board audio circuits of these systems. The nesrgb audio circuit doesn't have wiring for famicom carts with audio chips.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viletim's NESRGB   Viletim's NESRGB - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Viletim's NESRGB
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next