Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Making cheap capture devices infinitely more durable

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Making cheap capture devices infinitely more durable Empty
PostSubject: Making cheap capture devices infinitely more durable   Making cheap capture devices infinitely more durable EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:45 pm

Many many years ago before I even got into modding I bought a 15$ easycap usb capture device. This sweet baby can capture s-video, composite video and stereo sound. The device is supposed to have a limit of 30 frames per second but if you know what you're doing you can get 60 frames per second out of it. After so many years of use the av connections were breaking and going in and out of working quite constantly. So I decided since it's served me so well I might as well rebuild it. I took off the old case, built my own case with av ports installed, hard wired the av ports into the pcb and basically built the entire thing into a self contained box. Recently I picked up a component video capture card that's about the same quality so I did the same thing to my new capture device as well. Here's what they looked like before:

Making cheap capture devices infinitely more durable Easycap

Making cheap capture devices infinitely more durable Componentcapture

And after....

Making cheap capture devices infinitely more durable Capturecustomcases

Now they'll never give me a problem ever again and they'll last forever. I didn't bother wiring up composite video because I don't care about it. The component video capture device also can capture s-video but I didn't wire that up because my dedicated s-video capture card works perfectly already.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

Making cheap capture devices infinitely more durable
Page 1 of 1