A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 SNES Video quality shodown!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: SNES Video quality shodown!   SNES Video quality shodown! EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:44 pm



Watch in 720p, which do you prefer, left or right?

Screenshots comparing the s-video from an un-modded snes model 1 vs. the s-video from my snes jr. with a cxa2075 installed.

SNES Video quality shodown! Ff6b
SNES Video quality shodown! Ff6g



SNES Video quality shodown! Ff6b2
SNES Video quality shodown! Ff6g2



SNES Video quality shodown! Somb
SNES Video quality shodown! Somg



SNES Video quality shodown! Somb2
SNES Video quality shodown! Somg2


Last edited by Drakon on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan



Posts : 571
Join date : 2012-03-04

SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: i just realized in person how good this really is.   SNES Video quality shodown! EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:09 pm

ive been playing sonic and knuckles on my x eye since i rgbd it, and i noticed right away how MUCH better the colors are than the snes. The snes colors look washed out and arent even close to being as vibrant as anything sega.

Your right much better encoder in the sega but i never would have realized that if i didnt put a good game on. thunder force 4 also looks amazing on the sega except for 1 level that has a lot of blended clouds.

what i said before about not caring to mod the snes anymore, i now think that it would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Video quality shodown!   SNES Video quality shodown! EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Yeah the standard ppu model 1 snes has TERRIBLE quality rgb. The onechip based snes cosnoles have rgb that's on par with the genesis.

mvsfan wrote:
ive been playing sonic and knuckles on my x eye since i rgbd it, and i noticed right away how MUCH better the colors are than the snes. The snes colors look washed out and arent even close to being as vibrant as anything sega.

Your right much better encoder in the sega but i never would have realized that if i didnt put a good game on. thunder force 4 also looks amazing on the sega except for 1 level that has a lot of blended clouds.

what i said before about not caring to mod the snes anymore, i now think that it would be worth it.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan



Posts : 571
Join date : 2012-03-04

SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: i never thought the answer would be so easy.   SNES Video quality shodown! EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:28 am

I just made an awesome find yesterday.

a 1-chip Model 1 snes.
SNS-CPU-1CHIP-01.

all i had to do was ask around for a few days if anyone had this one.
just cant wait till it arrives i want to go pick it up myself LOL.

Back to top Go down
mvsfan



Posts : 571
Join date : 2012-03-04

SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Video quality shodown!   SNES Video quality shodown! EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:22 pm

The difference in video quality is amazing on the 1-chip, its on par with the sega. as an added bonus, everything inside the model 1 is already hooked up wich i wasnt sure about but wanted to find out.

im glad i got this.

Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Posts : 1607
Join date : 2012-01-25
Location : Canada

SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Video quality shodown!   SNES Video quality shodown! EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 6:52 pm

mvsfan wrote:
The difference in video quality is amazing on the 1-chip, its on par with the sega. as an added bonus, everything inside the model 1 is already hooked up wich i wasnt sure about but wanted to find out.

im glad i got this.


Haha yeah I just use the snes mini because I don't use the built in video encoder anyway. Also I prefer the look of the snes mini over the model 1 case. Any onechip model will have far superior video.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan



Posts : 571
Join date : 2012-03-04

SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Video quality shodown!   SNES Video quality shodown! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:07 am

Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
The difference in video quality is amazing on the 1-chip, its on par with the sega. as an added bonus, everything inside the model 1 is already hooked up wich i wasnt sure about but wanted to find out.

im glad i got this.


Haha yeah I just use the snes mini because I don't use the built in video encoder anyway. Also I prefer the look of the snes mini over the model 1 case. Any onechip model will have far superior video.

I just had to have a model 1. I didnt play the snes II growing up and most people who remember snes think its a clone.

at least the Genesis II is close enough to the first one you can still tell its a genesis.

Back to top Go down
mvsfan



Posts : 571
Join date : 2012-03-04

SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Video quality shodown!   SNES Video quality shodown! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:10 am

mvsfan wrote:
Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
The difference in video quality is amazing on the 1-chip, its on par with the sega. as an added bonus, everything inside the model 1 is already hooked up wich i wasnt sure about but wanted to find out.

im glad i got this.


Haha yeah I just use the snes mini because I don't use the built in video encoder anyway. Also I prefer the look of the snes mini over the model 1 case. Any onechip model will have far superior video.

I just had to have a model 1. I didnt play the snes II growing up and most people who remember snes think its a clone.

at least the Genesis II is close enough to the first one you can still tell its a genesis.

btw, id never buy an SHVC snes again - they all turn yellow.

sometime around the SNS-CPU-APU they fixed the plastic.

Back to top Go down
mvsfan



Posts : 571
Join date : 2012-03-04

SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: 1-chip sfc   SNES Video quality shodown! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:31 pm

i found a 1-chip super famicom recently but it sold for too much money. i thought it would be neat to have though, just like the snes they dont turn yellow.
I was upset when my superfamicom turned yellow, it wasnt cheap.

mvsfan wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
Drakon wrote:
mvsfan wrote:
The difference in video quality is amazing on the 1-chip, its on par with the sega. as an added bonus, everything inside the model 1 is already hooked up wich i wasnt sure about but wanted to find out.

im glad i got this.


Haha yeah I just use the snes mini because I don't use the built in video encoder anyway. Also I prefer the look of the snes mini over the model 1 case. Any onechip model will have far superior video.

I just had to have a model 1. I didnt play the snes II growing up and most people who remember snes think its a clone.

at least the Genesis II is close enough to the first one you can still tell its a genesis.

btw, id never buy an SHVC snes again - they all turn yellow.

sometime around the SNS-CPU-APU they fixed the plastic.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




SNES Video quality shodown! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SNES Video quality shodown!   SNES Video quality shodown! Empty

Back to top Go down
 
SNES Video quality shodown!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Video game figures
» Grandmaster Strategy Video Training Library
» Bayonetta/Video Game Figures
» amazing top-quality matches among world's top engines
» Video lawak giler pasal DSAI

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Projects / Showcase :: Completed Projects-
Jump to: