Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arcade supergun needs more powerrrrrrrrr

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Arcade supergun needs more powerrrrrrrrr Empty
PostSubject: Arcade supergun needs more powerrrrrrrrr   Arcade supergun needs more powerrrrrrrrr EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:01 am

So I built an arcade supergun that's based on a cheap vogatek board that I bought aeons ago (and modded the crud out of). The vogatek gets power using an atx power connector (the connector that you connect the atx psu into a computer motherboard with). Some games weren't getting enough power and were resetting (grr). I checked the power ratings on the power supply I'm using, it outputs a LOT of amps, however it doesn't say if the 5v / 12v lines are tied into the same source or if the amps are divided among all the different molex connectors. So I did what any crazy modder would do. I took an atx extension cord, a hdd molex extension cord, and tied together 5v, 12v, and ground. Sure enough, all my arcade boards run great. It seems the amps on my power supply are divided between the different plugs (guess that makes sense) so tieing them together gives you enough power.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

Arcade supergun needs more powerrrrrrrrr
Page 1 of 1