Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix Empty
PostSubject: My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix   My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:03 pm

I call this one "Batman return of the gimmick"

My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix Batmanreturnofthegimmick

My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix Batmanreturnofthegimmick2

This cart will sound perfect on an av famicom much better than my dev toaster used in this video. It was just easier to wire up my dev toaster to demonstrate that it works. This is a batman return of the joker converted into gimmick! famicom using a real sunsoft 5b audio chip that I soldered where the fme7 used to be and wired up the audio circuit.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix   My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:46 pm

Satoshimatrix video featuring this very one-of-a-kind cart:

Back to top Go down
MaxWar

MaxWar

PostSubject: Re: My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix   My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:24 pm

Woah! Thats absolutely awesome!

Sad that a return of the Joker had to be sacrificed but this full repro with sound chip is epic!
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix   My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:25 am

MaxWar wrote:
Woah! Thats absolutely awesome!

Sad that a return of the Joker had to be sacrificed but this full repro with sound chip is epic!

True, still I think gimmick! is a much better game than return of the joker. Satoshimatrix mailed me the gremlins 2 pcb without a shell so all the maskrom pins got bent during shipping. I had a difficult time removing the maskroms with bent pins which eventually lead to the pcb getting heat damage. Also famicom pcbs are kind of cheap.
Back to top Go down
MaxWar

MaxWar

PostSubject: Re: My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix   My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:49 pm

If the repro was to be done inside a famicom cart instead of a Nes, Could you use the gremlin cart directly, bypassing the audio chip transfer and saving a batman cart?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix   My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:29 pm

MaxWar wrote:
If the repro was to be done inside a famicom cart instead of a Nes, Could you use the gremlin cart directly, bypassing the audio chip transfer and saving a batman cart?

Yes. The gremlins 2 cart broke because he shipped it in such a way all the pins got so bent that trying to remove the maskroms broke the board from heat stress.
Back to top Go down
MaxWar

MaxWar

PostSubject: Re: My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix   My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Good to know, If i ever want to get this done I will use the gremlin cart directly and wont have to sacrifice return of the Joker.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix   My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:56 pm

MaxWar wrote:
Good to know, If i ever want to get this done I will use the gremlin cart directly and wont have to sacrifice return of the Joker.

Yeah, just keep in mind some famicom cart pcbs break easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix   My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix Empty

Back to top Go down

My Gimmick reproduction commission for: Satoshimatrix
Page 1 of 1