Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My repaired digital camera AC adapter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

My repaired digital camera AC adapter Empty
PostSubject: My repaired digital camera AC adapter   My repaired digital camera AC adapter EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:48 am

The AC adapter for my digital camera completely stopped working. Now just a reminder to people fixing something like this is very dangerous since there's 120v going through this thing. I don't suggest that you try something like this unless you REALLY know what you're doing.

Anyway I opened up the ac adapter and took a look at the pcb. Some traces were bubbled and one capacitor the traces had broken apart on its pins because of the bubbling/trace damage. I fixed the traces and surrounded the repair job in hot glue. I think the reason it had this damage was because the outlet plug pins weren't fixed into the adapter they could rotate and would only connect at a certain angle. I think the pins would sometimes lose connection or not have a good connection causing damage to the traces.

The next step is I took a power bar that had blown a while back and cut the ac cord off. I used my probe to determine which wires connection to which pins. I didn't need the round 3rd ground prong so I broke it off. This ac adapter both pins were the same size so I knew it's safe to plug it in either way. After I found the right pins I permanently soldered the correct wires into the ac adapter and now it works great again.

Here's the adapter after I finished repairing and testing it:

My repaired digital camera AC adapter Acadapterfixedlol

And here's the adapter after I built a case around it:

My repaired digital camera AC adapter Casebuilt

Glad I fixed this because without my camera I can't take pictures/videos of my work Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

My repaired digital camera AC adapter
Page 1 of 1