Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FairNES portable NES

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Conker

Conker

FairNES portable NES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 10:39 pm

alright quick question would these work for a case?
here
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Modding-Halfling wrote:
alright quick question would these work for a case?
here

Should be fine. But I've never really spent much time case making. The only cases I built I just bought project boxes as they're quite literally plastic boxes meant to be used for things like this. With project boxes all you do is cut holes and sand things and sometimes paint a little.

Usually buying stuff locally saves on shipping but if you live on a farm then maybe you have no choice.

*edit*

I just noticed that on bacs forum you mentioned you're not impressed by the 3ds. Me neither I think it was a terrible idea and last time I read in the paper the 3ds was considered a flop. At first I was excited about the idea of 3d without the need of glasses but you constantly have to fiddle with the 3d focus bar you start to think that maybe 3d glasses wouldn't be such a bad thing. And really 3d just seems like a bit of a gimmick to make rich people feel above average people.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:58 am

Drakon wrote:

I just noticed that on bacs forum you mentioned you're not impressed by the 3ds. Me neither I think it was a terrible idea and last time I read in the paper the 3ds was considered a flop. At first I was excited about the idea of 3d without the need of glasses but you constantly have to fiddle with the 3d focus bar you start to think that maybe 3d glasses wouldn't be such a bad thing. And really 3d just seems like a bit of a gimmick to make rich people feel above average people.

i thought the 3ds was just nintendos sad attempt at reviving the ds. the graphics are impressive with out 3d on but with them it sucks. after 10 minutes of 3d gameplay your eyes hurt so bad all you want to do is rip them out. i feel as if nintendo used to be the best consoles around...but then as soon as they had the gamecube hit the market things went downhill so fast you couldnt even see it fall...

the ds market is virtually dead. as is the wii, although i do have a soft spot in my heart for the wii. (because of twilight princess)
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:09 am

Uhm the n64 certainly wasn't the "best console around" during that era the playstation 1 was kicking its @ss. The snes was the last new nintendo system I bought. I remember hearing that the n64 would use cartridges and not cheaper cds and as I preferred cartridges even way back in 1996 I knew that was a stupid decision. And that's how any market is if you fall behind you get left in the dust very quickly. I think nintendo should stop trying cheap gimmicks for their systems and try to come up with ideas that're truly innovative. Both the nes and snes had a lot of groundbreaking ideas that had never been done before and were all great ideas. Also the nes and snes used the technology that was right for the time.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:54 pm

back on topic,
i got audio working today! all i have left is my case work!
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:41 pm

i really want to use this as a case. any thoughts drakon?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-project-box-plastic-Tapered-5-x-5-8-L-3-x-1-4-W-1-1-2-H-Gray-New-/110766173691?pt=BI_Electrical_Equipment_Tools&hash=item19ca2dadfb
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Gah we use the metric system in canada. Do you think that's going to be big enough? The shape looks fine.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:47 pm

in inches, its 5 and 5/8" long...so it should be fine because if i remember right

EDIT: just checked and yes everything is just fine i measured it all down. perfect case.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:04 am

Modding-Halfling wrote:
in inches, its 5 and 5/8" long...so it should be fine because if i remember right

EDIT: just checked and yes everything is just fine i measured it all down. perfect case.

Okay good. If it's your first portable it's always good to start a little bigger just to be on the safe side but if you want to make everything fit tightly that's fine as well.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 1:23 am

yes i want it small and compact. anyway today i wired up a headphone jack. YES
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:54 am

Modding-Halfling wrote:
yes i want it small and compact. anyway today i wired up a headphone jack. YES

Everyone wants something small and compact but it's always best to build a nice big bulky test model first just so you can work out all the bugs before building a super micro sized version. I have bulky test models of most things I've built just so I can use them to test out ideas and work out issues before building the super clean super small versions.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:36 pm

idk. i guess ill just see
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Modding-Halfling wrote:
idk. i guess ill just see

Atleast get everything working outside of the case first and be sure there's going to be enough space inside the case for all the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Ok well today I was thinking "what would the consumer want?" and what I came up with was a second headphone jack for 2 player games. Soy u hav two kids in a car, and the parents tell them turn off the volume or turn the whole thing off. So I put in two headphone jacks for two players. Now I believe I'm totally ready for my case work
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Consumer? You build these to make money? Of course headphone jack splitters have been around for decades... laughing
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 11:45 pm

yea i know but im just making it as convenient for the buyer. thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:23 am

Modding-Halfling wrote:
yea i know but im just making it as convenient for the buyer. thumbs up

well it's a good idea not like those jacks take up a lot of space
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 3:00 pm

exactly so my work is almost complete. im just messing with a few different things...mainly with the controls...anyway i will have to relocate buttons and stuff but thats pretty basic noob modding. simple enough. so the nes isnt gonna be a top loader. its going to be a back loader...sadly...alas i thought all was well but then "it" happened. i dont care to explain what happened as its quite embarrassing pale so im simply just going to make it a back loader. this may end up being just a temporary case...well... yea it will be just a temporary casing. either way, its a portable nintendo so theres not much room to argue with all of the features ive given the dang thing.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:34 pm

whatever "it" is can't be worse than my first modded nes:

FairNES portable NES - Page 2 Devnes1

Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:09 pm

whoa! lol just out of curiosity what in the world happened there!? top loader nes mod?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Modding-Halfling wrote:
whoa! lol just out of curiosity what in the world happened there!? top loader nes mod?

Believe it or not that was actually the first rgb system I built (and surprisingly it worked great too). I got really tired of trying to get the zif system to work so I perma wired in a slot so I could focus on perfecting the rgb mod (which I did). It was the first test system I built just so I could work out bugs / issues and use it to test ideas.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:44 pm

im going to create a new word for test runs like that. Pre-Mod.

for a Pre-Mod its not bad.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:01 pm

Modding-Halfling wrote:
im going to create a new word for test runs like that. Pre-Mod.

for a Pre-Mod its not bad.

I called it the dev nes. Later I made a dev nes 2.0 that doesn't even have a top half for the case. I've built a lot of cheap dev systems / hardware just for the sake of testing things.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:05 pm

and its probably the best way to figure things out eh?
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Modding-Halfling wrote:
and its probably the best way to figure things out eh?

Absolutely like I mentioned before I've been building / modding stuff since elementary school. Even back in elementary school when I was building stuff with a friend we built test models first just to prove concepts and work out issues. It's always good to build a test model before building a full blown version. Even now I'm still upgrading av famicom kits and selling my older ones to clients because my newer ones are better built (but they all run the same).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FairNES portable NES   FairNES portable NES - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

FairNES portable NES
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next