Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arcade cabinets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Arcade cabinets Empty
PostSubject: Arcade cabinets   Arcade cabinets EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:45 am

There's quite a number of different types of arcade machines out there. There's everything from virtual reality, para para paradise, ddr, woodies, candy cabs, beatmania, guitar freasks, drummania, to initial D. Here's my current two favourites:

#1: The sega vs city

Arcade cabinets Vscity

I love fighting games (what dude doesn't). And nothing could be a bigger compliment to fighting games than having each player get their own dedicated screen and control panel. It was cool enough that fighting games were the first games to use more than 3 buttons in the arcade. Due to the popularity of going head to head in such a direct manner where you could really take playing to high levels fighting games single-handedly revived arcades after the arcade industry had crashed. So to me the vs city is the ultimate "thankyou" to fighting games and the competitive spirit of gaming which was truly born out of fighting games. I actually didn't even care about arcade gaming until the big fighting game "boom". Suddenly going to the arcade was cool because fighting games were all about getting as good as you could and beating other people in head to head matches.

#2: The sega aero city

Arcade cabinets Aerocity

I love everything about this cab. It's so 80s looking, by default it only comes with 3 buttons showing how old fashioned of a cab it is. I've always wanted one of these and when I think of classic gaming I imagine it would feel best being played on an aero city. To me the aero city embodies the arcade industry from its early days. Really I don't think there's a better looking cab out there than the aero city.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
GooniesMan

Arcade cabinets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade cabinets   Arcade cabinets EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 3:29 am

I may be picking up a playchoice tabletop arcade cabinet soon. I found one 6 hours away and am going to take a look at it during spring break.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

Arcade cabinets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade cabinets   Arcade cabinets EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:12 am

GooniesMan wrote:
I may be picking up a playchoice tabletop arcade cabinet soon. I found one 6 hours away and am going to take a look at it during spring break.

Oh man that's awesome. Even though I own like 6-8 playchoice pcbs (most of them probably wouldn't run but a couple look fine) I've never actually seen how any of them run. Mostly due to the fact that you need to invert the colours nad build an adapter to get it going on a jamma setup. I think a playchoice is an extremely cool cab to own.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
glenn101
glenn101

Arcade cabinets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade cabinets   Arcade cabinets EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:14 am

Nice ^^, tabletops are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arcade cabinets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arcade cabinets   Arcade cabinets Empty

Back to top Go down

Arcade cabinets
Page 1 of 1