Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Banned video games

Go down 
+2
Conker
Drakon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ProD1gy84

ProD1gy84

Banned video games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Banned video games   Banned video games - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:51 am

I don't think so. Not Resident Evil 2, that got released 1998. On the other hand, Resident Evil 1 NTSC/PAL got edited from the Japanese version. In the intro movie they deleted mangled corpses, a zombie dog being shot and a death scene. Also in the ending scene they removed Chris smoking a cigarette doh ...

Anyway, it got edited, not BANNED.
Back to top Go down
Conker

Conker

PostSubject: Re: Banned video games   Banned video games - Page 2 EmptySun May 20, 2012 12:00 pm

seriously?!? Manhunt was banned over there?! thats insane! that game wasnt near as bad as games like quake 1 or 2 and especially 4!
Back to top Go down
RyanfaeScotland

RyanfaeScotland

PostSubject: Re: Banned video games   Banned video games - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 10:56 am

I'm fairly certain that Wolfenstien was banned in Germany due to the law on spreading Nazi symbolism as per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a.

Anyway, for my entry into the mix check out Thrill Kill on the PS1 if you haven't already. Don't think it was banned per se more the company that was developing it got bought over and the game got canned due to not fitting in with the new company ethos, I could be wrong but this is from memory. There is still a playable version of it flying around the internets though, even has multi-tap support. Great fun, lots of sadistic violence, cool finishing moves, sexy characters Wink Definitely check it out.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: Banned video games   Banned video games - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:28 pm

I saw thrill kill on another forum, it made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned video games   Banned video games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Banned video games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2