Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing! Empty
PostSubject: The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing!   The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:27 am

I build rgb systems as a hobby. But I don't own a rgb tv. It's always good to have a way to be sure that my rgb lines are wired to the correct pins of the multi av port. Since I've been hired to build a lot of these machines I decided to make something to make testing rgb easier....

I present....the Drakon SNES / AV famicom multi AV RGB test thingerrrrrrrrrrr mark 1!

The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing! Encodercircuit

The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing! Encoderpluggedin

The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing! Encoderruns

It's just an external cxa2075 video encoding circuit. But it's an easy way to test that all my rgb connections are good. It's a cxa2075 ntsc application circuit I made out of spare parts and wired into a snes multi av rgb plug. It encodes the rgb into s-video so I can atleast be sure that all the rgb stuff is wired right. I'd build a case for it but twice encoding the image doesn't look as nice as the s-video internally generated.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing!   The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 am

Looks really useful, however,I have one suggestion: put a SCART input on it and it week be perfect. Smile
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing!   The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 am

AlecRob wrote:
Looks really useful, however,I have one suggestion: put a SCART input on it and it week be perfect. Smile

Uhm, I'm using it to test that the rgb is wired up properly in the console.
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing!   The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing! Empty

Back to top Go down

The SNES multi AV RGB testy....thing!
Page 1 of 1