Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum to show appreciation and respect for classic video game systems and games. Whether you're a modder, a programmer, or just a collector, this forum is about appreciating classic games and systems in a constructive community environment.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FIX your sega systems with this site.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mvsfan

FIX your sega systems with this site. Empty
PostSubject: FIX your sega systems with this site.   FIX your sega systems with this site. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Electronix.com has a ton of Cd pickups. Sega cd 1 + 2, X-eye, Saturn are some of the systems ive been able to fix thanks to them.

Sega Cd 1 -Optima 5s

X eye / wondermega -Optima 6s

early saturns with oval buttons -Optima 6s.

im sure they have a pickup for more consoles than that ive just never had to fix anything else.

the 6s pickups are very reasonable, around 15 bucks.

their shipping is fast too.
Back to top Go down
Drakon
Admin
Admin
Drakon

PostSubject: Re: FIX your sega systems with this site.   FIX your sega systems with this site. EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Cool thanks for the post!
Back to top Go down
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: FIX your sega systems with this site.   FIX your sega systems with this site. EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 pm

mvsfan wrote:
Electronix.com has a ton of Cd pickups. Sega cd 1 + 2, X-eye, Saturn are some of the systems ive been able to fix thanks to them.

Sega Cd 1 -Optima 5s

X eye / wondermega -Optima 6s

early saturns with oval buttons -Optima 6s.

im sure they have a pickup for more consoles than that ive just never had to fix anything else.

the 6s pickups are very reasonable, around 15 bucks.

their shipping is fast too.

ive never owned 1 but ive read that the sega cd model 2 also uses the 6s. it would be nice if someone could confirm that though.
Back to top Go down
AlecRob
AlecRob

PostSubject: Re: FIX your sega systems with this site.   FIX your sega systems with this site. EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:58 pm

I will definately be using this site. I'll probably be buying a laser for my model 1 saturn and model 1 sega CD eventually.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: well.   FIX your sega systems with this site. EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:46 pm

AlecRob wrote:
I will definately be using this site. I'll probably be buying a laser for my model 1 saturn and model 1 sega CD eventually.

well, when it stops reading discs you can usually turn up the power on it a bit to revive it.

my x eye stopped working and i got another year out of the laser just by turning the pot on the pickup until it read cds again. eventually i had to replace it though.
Back to top Go down
mvsfan

PostSubject: Re: FIX your sega systems with this site.   FIX your sega systems with this site. EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Alecrob - for your sega cd model 1 theres a seller on ebay called best electronics, his pickups always work and require no setup.

I didnt have to remove a jumper or adjust pots on any of them.

he sells them for around $17.00.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIX your sega systems with this site.   FIX your sega systems with this site. Empty

Back to top Go down

FIX your sega systems with this site.
Page 1 of 1